Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCI Rejected. How to make appointment with Indian Consulate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Rejected. How to make appointment with Indian Consulate?

My OCI application has been rejected for lack of Indian Origin proof. I never attended school in India and my Indian passport was destroyed upon Naturalization.

I am considering trying to make an appointment with San Francisco Consulate officer. Is this possible? If anyone has done this, what is the procedure?

My mother has her Indian Passport and OCI. I was thinking of going in person with her to meet with the officer.

=================================

Reason Document Name Remarks Status
    Missing/Incomplete Document Proof of Indian Origin of Applicant is missing. Pending

Other Remarks REJECTED BY THE CONSULATE - ADDITIONAL PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: 1. COPY OF INDIAN PASSPORT 2. SCHOOL LEAVING CERT FROM GOVT BOARD 3. COPY OF ANY DEGREE 4. COPY OF ANY GOVT ID SUCH AS VOTER'S ID, AADHAAR, RATIAN CARD, PAN CARD. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUESTED MUST NOT BE THE SAME AS DOCUMENTS PROVIDED AT INITIAL SUBMISSION. Pending

my Indian passport was destroyed upon Naturalization.

Other Remarks REJECTED BY THE CONSULATE - ADDITIONAL PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: 1. COPY OF INDIAN PASSPORT 2. SCHOOL LEAVING CERT FROM GOVT BOARD 3. COPY OF ANY DEGREE 4. COPY OF ANY GOVT ID SUCH AS VOTER'S ID, AADHAAR, RATIAN CARD, PAN CARD. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUESTED MUST NOT BE THE SAME AS DOCUMENTS PROVIDED AT INITIAL SUBMISSION. Pending[/QUOTE]

= well, I am a naturalised British citizen and when I surrendered my Indian passport, they stamped it and cut it a bit and returned it back to me. So I dont quite understand why u say that your passport was destroyed.
    If the indian passport is not with you, then you will need to provide a proof of your being eligible for and OCI card which can be either of the above documents or Indian passport of your mum or your birth certificate

Comment

Originally posted by dockulsing View Post
      well, I am a naturalised British citizen and when I surrendered my Indian passport, they stamped it and cut it a bit and returned it back to me. So I dont quite understand why u say that your passport was destroyed.
      If the indian passport is not with you, then you will need to provide a proof of your being eligible for and OCI card which can be either of the above documents or Indian passport of your mum or your birth certificate
      I was naturalized over 20 years ago in the USA. At the Naturalization ceremony, we were required to turn in our passports...

I called the CKGS office and was told that mother's passport is not acceptable as proof of origin as it does not have my name on it. The other acceptable documents (educational,voter's ID) are not applicable to me since I left India as an infant.

My birth certificate is not available because the local government office in India tells me they have lost their birth records.I submitted my hospital birth notice but that was not enough proof for them.

PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. COPY OF INDIAN PASSPORT
      2. SCHOOL LEAVING CERT FROM GOVT BOARD
      3. COPY OF ANY DEGREE
      4. COPY OF ANY GOVT ID SUCH AS VOTER'S ID, AADHAAR, RATIAN CARD, PAN CARD.
      Last edited by ravifremont; 06-06-2017, 08:10 PM.

Comment

San Francisco Consulate Open House

Here is info regarding SF Consulate Open House this month. Anyone have experience attending these?

The Indian Consulate, San Francisco will hold an “Open House” to address the grievances of the people on issues related to visas, passports and OCI cards. June 7, 2017 (first wednesday) 10 AM to 1 PM and June 21, 2017 (third wednesday) 2 PM to 5PM.

Complaints and grievances pertaining to grant of visas, passports and/or OCI cards will be attended to in the ‘Open House’.

CONSULATE GENERAL OF INDIA
        SAN FRANCISCO
        540 Arguello Boulevard, San Francisco CA 94118
        Tel. No. (415)668-0662 | Fax No. (415)668-9764

Service complaint form

Consulate will not reply to any email or telephone enquiry on the services unless the services are delayed as follows:

1) For Visa services: Do not enquire with the Consulate unless the service is delayed by more than 10 working days from the date of submission of all necessary documents.
        2) For PIO card services: Do not enquire with the Consulate unless the service is delayed by more than 25 working days from the date of submission of all necessary documents.
        3) For OCI card services: Do not enquire with the Consulate unless the service is delayed by more than 50 working days from the date of submission of all necessary documents.
        4) For Renunciation of Citizenship services: Do not enquire with the Consulate unless the service is delayed by more than 10 working days from the date of submission of all necessary documents.
        5) For Miscellaneous services (submitted at the Consulate General of India directly): Do not enquire with the Consulate unless the service is delayed by more than 10 working days from the date of submission of all necessary documents. Please provide us with the following details to enable us to further assist you: full name, date of birth, passport number, contact number/email and the application reference ID / receipt number.

Comment

Originally posted by ravifremont View Post
          I was naturalized over 20 years ago in the USA. At the Naturalization ceremony, we were required to turn in our passports...

I called the CKGS office and was told that mother's passport is not acceptable as proof of origin as it does not have my name on it. The other acceptable documents (educational,voter's ID) are not applicable to me since I left India as an infant.

My birth certificate is not available because the local government office in India tells me they have lost their birth records.I submitted my hospital birth notice but that was not enough proof for them.

PROOF OF INDIAN ORIGIN, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. COPY OF INDIAN PASSPORT
          2. SCHOOL LEAVING CERT FROM GOVT BOARD
          3. COPY OF ANY DEGREE
          4. COPY OF ANY GOVT ID SUCH AS VOTER'S ID, AADHAAR, RATIAN CARD, PAN CARD.
          why dont you apply VISA?. Whats the reason for applying for OCI at this time, since you left India as an infant.?!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X