The fastest route (Help needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fastest route (Help needed)

I am a Greek citizen and have met my gf online on Feb 2015 and was going great until we decided to meet in Europe in August. We decided to meet in Prague and stayed there for 2 weeks and it was really great. I was never the type to do something like this and really never believed in Online relations, however this was different. Fast forward to Feb 2017 my Gf visited me twice already for 1 month stay each time when I was working in UAE and before she left I decided I will come to USA and propose and in February I went to USA on an ESTA Visa and stayed for almost 3 months and had the time of my life and of course proposed and she said yes!
    Unfortunately, before my visa expired I left USA and now I'm back home. We are both trying to find the best way to get back together and me to come to USA for us to make it official so I can stay and work and for us to spend the rest of our lives together.

I have read there's many Visas (K1,2,3,4 and the CR1 as well) Given my situation which is the fastest way for me to get back to USA to stay?

I will be forever thankful to whoever can help me on this.

Originally posted by Aquariu5 View Post
    I am a Greek citizen and have met my gf online on Feb 2015 and was going great until we decided to meet in Europe in August. We decided to meet in Prague and stayed there for 2 weeks and it was really great. I was never the type to do something like this and really never believed in Online relations, however this was different. Fast forward to Feb 2017 my Gf visited me twice already for 1 month stay each time when I was working in UAE and before she left I decided I will come to USA and propose and in February I went to USA on an ESTA Visa and stayed for almost 3 months and had the time of my life and of course proposed and she said yes!
    Unfortunately, before my visa expired I left USA and now I'm back home. We are both trying to find the best way to get back together and me to come to USA for us to make it official so I can stay and work and for us to spend the rest of our lives together.

I have read there's many Visas (K1,2,3,4 and the CR1 as well) Given my situation which is the fastest way for me to get back to USA to stay?

I will be forever thankful to whoever can help me on this.
    Congratulations on the wonderful relationship!

Now, I must add that I am not an expert on this--just another guy with questions who also is looking to marry his fiance.

That being said, I am pretty sure that the K-1 visa is what you need. You mention that you aren't married yet and that you do plan to marry in the USA, right? If this is the case, your girlfriend--as the US citizens--must meet four eligibility requirements:

1. Must be a US citizen
    2. You two intend to marry within 90 days of your entry into the USA
    3. You both are legally able and free to marry (not married to anyone else, not restricted in any way)
    4. You have met within the last two years

These are all paraphrased from the official USCIS.gov site.

Of course, there are other requirements and specifications that you to must meet in order to get approved, and the application process has various factors that can influence the processing speed (I've read it's an average of 5 - 8 months?), but certainly you will need the K1 visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X