Fiance being deported in France after we sent K1 visa app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance being deported in France after we sent K1 visa app

My fiance is vietnamese but has been living in France for the past 5 years with a student visa. Literally the day after we sent the visa he received a letter saying that he has 30 days to leave the country because he has not been taking his studies seriously (he's had some family issues and financial problems this past year which has made his studies not a priority but he's still been paying for school and taking exams). He's now in the process of protesting this which means he will have a 6 month extension on his deportation since it is now a case file, but I'm wondering will this affect our visa application? Do we need to send a letter to the USCIS explaining the situation? Since he lives here everything will go through the american embassy in France and they'll see right away that he's being deported. We had NO idea this was going to happen when we sent out the visa application but now I'm worried it will look like that's why we're applying. I'm not sure if anyone has dealt with this but any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

His non-criminal immigration issued abroad should not adversely affect his his US visa application or your alien fiancee petition

Consulates abroad typically serve third-country nationals who are resident in that country. I can't say for certain, but I would expect them to provide him visa services despite the potential future revocation of his student visa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X