Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can USC apply for CR-1 while in US after wife returns to country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can USC apply for CR-1 while in US after wife returns to country?

I'm a USC and would like to marry my fiancé in the US (who only has tourist visa). We are thinking of obtaining marriage license and civil wedding in US and then wife returns to her country (as she only has tourist visa) and we have religious ceremony over there,
    1) Can I apply for CR1 immediately after wife returns to her country while I am still in the US?
    2) how long does it take before the I-864 forms arrive? I'm thinking about eventually quitting my US job after we marry in the US to live with her in her country temporarily (And may need to show that I have enough assets to support her)

Thanks

Originally posted by Jeff27 View Post
    I'm a USC and would like to marry my fiancé in the US (who only has tourist visa). We are thinking of obtaining marriage license and civil wedding in US and then wife returns to her country (as she only has tourist visa) and we have religious ceremony over there,
    1) Can I apply for CR1 immediately after wife returns to her country while I am still in the US?
    2) how long does it take before the I-864 forms arrive? I'm thinking about eventually quitting my US job after we marry in the US to live with her in her country temporarily (And may need to show that I have enough assets to support her)

Thanks
    You can petition her after the marriage at any time, regardless of whether she's in the US. If she's in the US, she can do Adjustment of Status in the US rather than leaving.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X