Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 Visa 221g question

Hi
    I applied for a J1 visa renewal and got a 221g. My interview date was 9th May. I got an update on my CEAC status on 24th May (still AP). Usually once the status is updated on CEAC, one gets the request to submit passport to be stamped, but it's been ~2 weeks and I haven't been asked for my passport to be stamped. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if anyone knows anything about this? I just want to get an idea how long this might take.

Thank you!

Originally posted by paulas View Post
    Hi
    I applied for a J1 visa renewal and got a 221g. My interview date was 9th May. I got an update on my CEAC status on 24th May (still AP). Usually once the status is updated on CEAC, one gets the request to submit passport to be stamped, but it's been ~2 weeks and I haven't been asked for my passport to be stamped. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, or if anyone knows anything about this? I just want to get an idea how long this might take.

Thank you!
    Hi,
    I am also waiting for my visa since 1st May (still AP with my case never updated. Which embassy did u apply at?

Comment

Hi,

I am also waiting for my visa since 1st May 2017 (with no status update until now). Which embassy did you apply at?

Comment

Originally posted by csin View Post
        Hi,

I am also waiting for my visa since 1st May 2017 (with no status update until now). Which embassy did you apply at?
        I applied at the embassy in Ottawa (Canada). Hope you hear back soon.
        Have you tried writing to the embassy? I wrote to the embassy asking about my visa, and they sent a generic reply saying it can take 90 days or longer?? I had heard 60 days before but 90 days seems a lot longer than what Ive ever heard before. Has anyone else seen such generic emails? Do they mean anything?

Comment

Hi

Thank you!
          Hi guys! My interview date was 6th of April and my visa status is still under AP. When I contact embassy last week they told me that AP has no time limit. There is no other option apart from waiting. Please keep me updated when you get any news about visa. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by evrim View Post
            Hi guys! My interview date was 6th of April and my visa status is still under AP. When I contact embassy last week they told me that AP has no time limit. There is no other option apart from waiting. Please keep me updated when you get any news about visa. Thanks.

Hi,
            Sorry to hear it's taken so long for you to get your visa.
            What kind of visa is this? Is it a renewal or a new visa? Where did you apply?
            Isn't there a possibility to petition after 60 working days? I am guessing you are close to the 60-day limit. Try filing a petition once you hit the 60-working day limit.

Also, you can see how long processing times are and fill your own status on the website below:
            Last edited by samlynn; 06-14-2017, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Hi,
              Sorry to hear it's taken so long for you to get your visa.
              What kind of visa is this? Is it a renewal or a new visa? Where did you apply?
              Isn't there a possibility to petition after 60 working days? I am guessing you are close to the 60-day limit. Try filing a petition once you hit the 60-working day limit.

Also, you can see how long processing times are and fill your own status on the website below:
              Hi, I have applied for J 1 visa from France. Which form you are saying to fill up? Could you write me bit detail as It is 75 days that my file is under AP. Please send also link.
              Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by evrim View Post
                Hi, I have applied for J 1 visa from France. Which form you are saying to fill up? Could you write me bit detail as It is 75 days that my file is under AP. Please send also link.
                Thank you!
                There is no form really. I have heard of H1 visa applicants applying for petitions (probably through lawyers) if their case is pending for a very very long time - usually ~3 months or more.

On my Blue slip given by the VO, it says to wait 60 business/working days before I can ask the embassy about my case.
                I have emailed the embassy regardless and get the generic reply - wait 60 business days from the day of the interview or day of the submission of documents, whichever is later.

Has it been 60 business days since your application? Have you tried writing to the embassy asking about an update on your visa status? The 60 working days would be about ~12 weeks or >84 days (since each week has only 5 working days, and there are some holidays etc.)

I would say email the embassy where you applied. Or you can try and call them too, and see if they have any extra information for you.

Hope you get your visa soon.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X