Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concern about police call

Hello,

My wife and I got married early last year through the K-1 Visa program. She is Chinese and I am American. We have had a rocky road at times over the past year with some of our arguments getting very bad. In one case, I had to call the police because I was worried that she was going to hurt herself. When the police arrived, they calmed her down and even called an ambulance. Once everything was settled, they left and the only thing we heard again about the incident was a bill we received for the ambulance visit.

Since than we've been doing much better, but now my wife is planning a trip to China to see her mother for a week. She is have anxiety attacks about the trip and one of the things she keeps worrying about is that the call the police will somehow prevent her from being able to return to the U.S. I keep telling her there is nothing to worry to about as it was a minor domestic incident and not a felony issue, but she wants to be sure as she is currently on a temporary Greencard.

Does anyone have any info on this type of issue that put her mind at ease?

You should proactively pull her RAP sheet (records of arrests and prosecutions) to make sure she has no pending charges

Comment

Also get a copy of the Incident Report & talk to an Attorney, especially in the current political environment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X