Im on a J1 visa, married a US citizen. In need on some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im on a J1 visa, married a US citizen. In need on some help

My visa is expiring in a little over a week and I'm currently working on the I-130 with my husband. We are doing this on our own with as much research help we could gather as we cannot afford a lawyer. Since I'm already in the country we decided to file the I-130 and I-485 concurrently to save time. I'm aware that these documents need as much honesty as you can possibly give and so I'm currently having a difficult time with my address. I'm an au pair at the moment and so I'm still living where i work. I initially planned to use my husbands address as I'm going to move there in less than 2 weeks.

1)Will it be okay if I'm still working and if i put the current address of where I'm currently living on the forms? Could i get in trouble for working?

2)Would photo's of us work as proof as well?

3)We are have gathered the required documents for the I-130 and I-485 and so i needed to know if the copies of documents need to be certified by a notary or is just the copy of it okay?

I found an old link to a checklist for this process and wanted to know if it was still accurate. Here's the link. I would really appreciate if you guys could take a look and let me know.
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...130-Check-list!

I really need all the help i can get and would be really grateful if you guys could help me

Thank you in advance

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X