Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Married to a green card holder(Hungarian) My visa was denied, but I have ESTA number.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married to a green card holder(Hungarian) My visa was denied, but I have ESTA number.

I got married last month to a Hungarian man, who is a green card holder. We applied for my green card(I130). It will be 2 years, waiting period for me. There is any way I can stay in the USA with my new husband? I went home and applied for a visa, what was denied. Now all I have a ESTA number. Can I travel with that after my visa application got denied? The ESTA number previously let me stay in the USA for 3 month. There is any other way to stay there why I am waiting for my green card? Do I need to leave every 3 month? I am afraid after the denied visa I can't even come to visit with my ESTA number. What can we do?

Check if your ESTA is still valid. Even if valid, you need to be careful while entering, since you do not want to lie at the POE, and if you answer the purpose of your visit to be to visit/live with your husband, you will be denied entry for immigration intent. Also, visitor visa/ESTA is not a means to live in the US, and frequent entries with long stays would violate the visa intent, and will result in you being warned / given shorter stay durations / denied subsequent entry.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X