Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brother (living in India) sponsoring MS in US

Hi,

My (real) brother who works in Bangalore, India is partially sponsoring my MS in US (besides an education loan I have taken and my own savings). I have an F1 visa interview scheduled to occur in about a week. I generally see people saying that their father/mother are sponsoring their education, not their siblings from India. I also see that if the sibling or any sponsor is from the US, then VOs usually subject the F1 visa candidate to a line of questioning that tries to find a strong intent to return to the home country.

I just wanted to know if a sibling who is *living and working in India*, partially sponsoring my education can be frowned upon in any way? I am probably being a bit paranoid, but are there other people here who go there F1 visa approved and whose siblings sponsored them? Anybody whose F1 visa was denied in this situation and due to specifically this reason?

Thanks!

This is not an issue. It does not matter who is sponsoring the education, as long as you demonstrate non-immigrant intent.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks! Another minor bone of contention is if my brother is working at the Indian Office of an American MNC - can that be a problem, as the source of some of the funds is not Indian? The reason I say this is I have seen Visas rejected if the candidate says they are working for service based company whose client is an American company.

Comment

Nope, there is no such thing as the funds should be Indian. In this day of global trade, how can anyone show that some particular funds do not have an international origin? And why does that matter? There is no basis for the denial you mentioned, and it is merely hearsay. All you need to demonstrate for a F1 is that you have no immigrant intent.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks!

Comment

I have an interview appointment for an F1 visa on 10th June 2022 at the US embassy in Yerevan.

My biggest concern is about the financial statements.

I have introduced 2 sponsors, my brothers, to fund my education for 2 years of studying.

One of my brothers lives with me and supports 50% of the funding.

The other brother lives in Canada and supports 50% of the funding.

The reason why I have 2 sponsors is that my country’s currency value is dropping constantly and I can’t open foreign currency accounts in my home country so I transferred the equivalent of 39000 USD to my brother's checking account in Canada.

I don’t know if this explanation will make sense for the visa officer or if I need to describe my family's financial prospects to support my talk?

I’m 27 years old and I have accepted the offer of a bioinformatics MSc at George Washington University.

I have for years gap which is filled with a bioinformatics internship and working as a chemistry data analyst.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X