concurrent filling.....i-130 approved, new medical requested for i 485

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concurrent filling.....i-130 approved, new medical requested for i 485

I have the same issue, on July 2015 we applied concurrently I-130 and i-485. Fast forward, we had interview on January 2016
    and OI said he wanted my previous marriage divorce doc which we sent them on October 2016. Never heard anything from them again after numerous attempt.

Then on April 10, 2017 we receive an approval notice of the i-130 and another letter requesting
    for a new medicals to be done and sent to them.
    Now my wife and I are skeptical as to whether after sending the medical report to them they going to approve the i-485
    or they going to schedule another interview again. Someone told me they could just send the GC after they
    receive the medicals but its been 2 months now and still haven't heard anything from uscis.

Any advice or opinion guys will be highly appreciated. We confused why the delay,
    i know a guy here call kanezee had a similar situation and had his GC in a month and a half. anyone in this situation.

just say anything to ease my tension guys.

thanks

Just be patient

Just be patient. The USCIS have a lot of applications to review and they usually take up to 6 months just to update an application. I was in a similar situation. I submitted the required document and 6 and 1/2 month later , My I-485 was approved.
    Your case can take up to 7 months . just wait

Comment

Originally posted by batyblazz View Post
      I have the same issue, on July 2015 we applied concurrently I-130 and i-485. Fast forward, we had interview on January 2016
      and OI said he wanted my previous marriage divorce doc which we sent them on October 2016. Never heard anything from them again after numerous attempt.

Then on April 10, 2017 we receive an approval notice of the i-130 and another letter requesting
      Now my wife and I are skeptical as to whether after sending the medical report to them they going to approve the i-485
      or they going to schedule another interview again. Someone told me they could just send the GC after they
      receive the medicals but its been 2 months now and still haven't heard anything from uscis.

Any advice or opinion guys will be highly appreciated. We confused why the delay,
      i know a guy here call kanezee had a similar situation and had his GC in a month and a half. anyone in this situation.

thanks
      Jambreaker is correct, RELAX, if they wanted anything more or were going to send you a notice for another interview you would have received it by now. I guess they are just reviewing the case before approving it, that can take some time. The min you stop worrying and show faith you will get your green card. Our thoughts sometimes keeps us in unnecessary situation.. Please let go of negative thoughts

Comment

thank u guys really appreciate your response

Comment

New Card is Being Produced

Thank you guys so much for your encouraging words I really appreciate it. I just got an update that a new card is being produced. Am so excited. This goes to anyone who is anciously playing the waiting game. Don't give up keep on praying and the good Lord will see you through. Amen

Comment

Thank you guys so much for your encouraging words I really appreciate it. I just got an update that a new card is being produced. Am so excited. This goes to anyone who is anciously playing the waiting game. Don't give up keep on praying and the good Lord will see you through. Amen
            yaayy! Congrats. I am very happy for you, you've been more than patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacelilly View Post
              yaayy! Congrats. I am very happy for you, you've been more than patient.
              yes you can say that again, thank for your encouraging words it really made a difference at my least moments.
              do u know when i should expect card in hand?

Comment

yes you can say that again, thank for your encouraging words it really made a difference at my least moments.
                do u know when i should expect card in hand?
                when your online status updated to "Card was mailed". Called USCIS and asked for your tracking number, then logged into USPS website, entered the tracking number, you will see the delivery date.

Comment

How many days exactly

Originally posted by Peacelilly View Post
                  when your online status updated to "Card was mailed". Called USCIS and asked for your tracking number, then logged into USPS website, entered the tracking number, you will see the delivery date.
                  Thank you so much. So like in how many days do u think it will change to "card been mailed. Sorry for bothering you guys just happy

Comment

Hey

thanks
                    Dis they give you 10 years of green card... since you waited this long

Comment

Originally posted by jambreaker View Post
                      Just be patient. The USCIS have a lot of applications to review and they usually take up to 6 months just to update an application. I was in a similar situation. I submitted the required document and 6 and 1/2 month later , My I-485 was approved.
                      Your case can take up to 7 months . just wait
                      If I still don't have the medical done could I even get EDA???

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X