Employer not applying EB1C with my L1A visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not applying EB1C with my L1A visa

Hi, I work for an mid size (500 people) firm in US, total experience 16 years and in US since last 1.5 years on L1A. My employer is applying my GC under EB2 instead of EB1C. My company's Immigration person says that there is a lot of scrutiny in EB1C category for indian nationals with tons of RFEs/denials.

Can you please let me know your opinion on whether I should persist for EB1C or take the safer route of EB2?

Thanks !

That's a bullshit reason to not apply for your EB. Find another job

Comment

Originally posted by am79mba1 View Post
      Hi, I work for an mid size (500 people) firm in US, total experience 16 years and in US since last 1.5 years on L1A. My employer is applying my GC under EB2 instead of EB1C. My company's Immigration person says that there is a lot of scrutiny in EB1C category for indian nationals with tons of RFEs/denials.

Can you please let me know your opinion on whether I should persist for EB1C or take the safer route of EB2?

Thanks !

HI, I m also in same situation , jut got news from my company's Immigration person saying that there is a lot of scrutiny in EB1C category for indian nationals with tons of RFEs/denials.
      seems to be not a good reason.. I feel they want to play safe and Immigration person / firms want to earn safe money without putting much effort. Since they get paid basis of case by case.
      Do not want to get on to trap of Eb2..

Did you managed to get any other alternative.. I will be happy to sync up with you on this in person.

Comment

Originally posted by sureshchh View Post
        HI, I m also in same situation , jut got news from my company's Immigration person saying that there is a lot of scrutiny in EB1C category for indian nationals with tons of RFEs/denials.
        seems to be not a good reason.. I feel they want to play safe and Immigration person / firms want to earn safe money without putting much effort. Since they get paid basis of case by case.
        Do not want to get on to trap of Eb2..

Did you managed to get any other alternative.. I will be happy to sync up with you on this in person.
        Hi Sureshchh and Am79mba1,

I am in the similar situation, thought on H1B. I meet EB1-C criteria (managed large teams for 3 years in India as senior manager) and my employer (big IT firm) has been telling to file in Eb1 so far. But now they are not doing in EB1 stating that company has changed the policy since employees leave after getting GC in Eb1. As I was close to 6 years in H1, I applied thru EB2. What are my options for Eb1 if my employer is not doing?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X