Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My husband applying i130 for me. Will the nikahnaama work instead of marriage certfct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband applying i130 for me. Will the nikahnaama work instead of marriage certfct

Hi,

I am an Indian, and my husband US citizen. We both are Muslims and married in India, but we couldn't get the marriage certificate in the short span that he was in India with me after our marriage. The court asked us to wait for 30 days and appear after that to collect the certificate, which was't possible for my husband who is a resident, and had to join his wok real soon.

We have the Nikahnaama, will that work instead of marriage certificate, for i130 both at USCIS and my NVC?

Really looking for help.

Thanks!

My husband applying i130 for me. Will the nikahnaama work instead of marriage certfct

I Believe anything in a foreign language has to be translated. The document you have must be verified form US Embassy and Indian as well

Comment

Originally posted by ShaistaRG View Post
      Hi,

I am an Indian, and my husband US citizen. We both are Muslims and married in India, but we couldn't get the marriage certificate in the short span that he was in India with me after our marriage. The court asked us to wait for 30 days and appear after that to collect the certificate, which was't possible for my husband who is a resident, and had to join his wok real soon.

We have the Nikahnaama, will that work instead of marriage certificate, for i130 both at USCIS and my NVC?

Really looking for help.

Thanks!
      Hi Shaista

Congrats on getting married. For USCIS your husband will have to submit English translation of the Nikah nama. Its a requirement and cannot be skipped. Marriage certificate alone will not work. Have some from your end translate the nikah nama into English and then send photo/scanned copy of it to ur husband who will then send it to USCIS along with I-130 form. Be sure to save the original copy of translation as you will need it at the time of interview.
      NVC does not require nikah nama copy. NVC requires different set of documents and forms. First you want to make sure that you have all the necessary documents that need to be submitted to USCIS.

Zuhaib

Comment

nikahnama

Hello,

I recently submitted the documents that you are asking about and I can cofirm

1. Nikahnama and Marriage Certificate are 2 separate documents and BOTH must be submitted.
        2. You will need to have English translations of all non-English documents.
        3. Please check with your local US Embassy/Consulate to see if they have a preference as to where get the documents translated.
        4. Only and Only send copies of every document you send. You will need to show the original documents at your interview.

Comment

I already have translated one

Originally posted by Aghaaz0719 View Post
          Hello,

I recently submitted the documents that you are asking about and I can cofirm

1. Nikahnama and Marriage Certificate are 2 separate documents and BOTH must be submitted.
          2. You will need to have English translations of all non-English documents.
          3. Please check with your local US Embassy/Consulate to see if they have a preference as to where get the documents translated.
          4. Only and Only send copies of every document you send. You will need to show the original documents at your interview.
          Thanks brother! But the Nikahnaama I got already have the english translation on the back of it. And my husband has sent the copy of it to the USCIS. But, I do not have my Marriage certificate yet, as I mentioned that it takes two vists from my husband to come to India, and then only we can get it issued from the Court.

So, I was seeking help, that will the USCIS approve my i130 without mrg crtfct? and also, how about NVC?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Zuhaib916 View Post
          Hi Shaista

Congrats on getting married. For USCIS your husband will have to submit English translation of the Nikah nama. Its a requirement and cannot be skipped. Marriage certificate alone will not work. Have some from your end translate the nikah nama into English and then send photo/scanned copy of it to ur husband who will then send it to USCIS along with I-130 form. Be sure to save the original copy of translation as you will need it at the time of interview.
          NVC does not require nikah nama copy. NVC requires different set of documents and forms. First you want to make sure that you have all the necessary documents that need to be submitted to USCIS.

Zuhaib
          Yes, I have the translated copy of nikahnaama which my husband has sent. But I do not have the marriage certificate. And what does NVC demand? Is it very necessary to have the marriage certificate or my Nikahnaama and the affidavits from some people who attended the marriage should suffice?

Comment

Just for others help. My nikahnaama itself with some affidavits worked. No need for separate marriage certificate

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X