Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B1 Visa was rejected stating 214(b) reason.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 Visa was rejected stating 214(b) reason.

Hi friends, just to share my B1-Visa Interview Question/Answer sessions and my rejection @US Consulate, Mumbai. This was recent in June-2017

Q.) What is the purpose of your visit? (Actually I had to ask her(Consulate officer) to repeat the question, because of the pronunciation and not-so-clear audibility of the mike)
    A.) (Actually I thought of giving an elaborate reply, which I think, I shouldn't have given, based on the expression of the consulate officer. My answer was as below.)
    Currently I am working as a Product analyst since last 1 year.
    Last year our company was recognized as a CMM level 3 company and to maintain that level, our company has decided to follow Agile's Scrum process instead of waterfall model.
    So I am going to USA to get the in-depth training regarding Agile's Scrum process and implement it in India when I come back.

Q.) Why were you chosen for this training?
    A.) (Again I elaborated on this.)
    Previously I was working as a Principal Software Engineer for this Company and Now I am working as a Product Analyst for Last 1 year. So based on my experience for both Software development and Analysis, I am chosen for this training.

Q.) How long you are working with this company?
    A.) (This question might be a game changer for me, I suppose, but don't know exactly. Here the history is somewhat different than what was mentioned in invitation letter or letter to consulate. Here issue is, like , I worked as Principal Software engineer for previous employer (not mentioning the name here) for last 9 years. Previous employer was also working for the same USA company, in which I am currently working with. But Since last 1 and 1/2 year, my USA company has owned Indian Company and our company became MNC now. You can say my last employer have sold company to USA and he himself diversified into other business. My answer was as below)
    I am working for last 10 years for this company.

Q.) How long are you going to stay in USA.
    A.) Around 2-3 weeks. (FYI: - In DS160, it was mentioned 20 days)

Q.) From whom you are going to get the training?
    A.) My Vice President, Product Development Manager, Mr. xyz (not mentioning his name here and the answer was exactly as per mentioned in letter to consulate.)

Q.) Oh so you are saying, you are going to get training from your Vice president?
    A.) (Here again I got confused, why such question and such exclamation mark!!!? And my answer was as below.)
    Yes you are correct.

--------------------------

After this interview, consulate officer wrote something in the computer in front of her and said something like below to me: -
    "I am sorry to say that this time we are not giving you the opportunity to got to USA. Better luck next time."
    +
    She gave me the reason form where a standard "214(b)" section reason was mentioned.
    +
    I didn't asked anything back to her and took my passport and went out.

1 more important thing to note here is: - I was not asked for any kind of documents for any proofs or verifications.

My question is : - Which of the question/answer lead to the rejection under section 214(b)? I do not see a single question where I could have convinced consulate that I won't be coming back to India.
    In fact there was no such question at all which said that I won't come back to India. Does anybody saw any specific reason to reject me under section 214(b) ?
    Last edited by utpalganatra; 06-15-2017, 01:47 AM. Reason: Important information added as a point.

Common reason for rejection

Originally posted by utpalganatra View Post
    Hi friends, just to share my B1-Visa Interview Question/Answer sessions and my rejection @US Consulate, Mumbai. This was recent in June-2017

Q.) What is the purpose of your visit? (Actually I had to ask her(Consulate officer) to repeat the question, because of the pronunciation and not-so-clear audibility of the mike)
    A.) (Actually I thought of giving an elaborate reply, which I think, I shouldn't have given, based on the expression of the consulate officer. My answer was as below.)
    Currently I am working as a Product analyst since last 1 year.
    Last year our company was recognized as a CMM level 3 company and to maintain that level, our company has decided to follow Agile's Scrum process instead of waterfall model.
    So I am going to USA to get the in-depth training regarding Agile's Scrum process and implement it in India when I come back.

Q.) Why were you chosen for this training?
    A.) (Again I elaborated on this.)
    Previously I was working as a Principal Software Engineer for this Company and Now I am working as a Product Analyst for Last 1 year. So based on my experience for both Software development and Analysis, I am chosen for this training.

Q.) How long you are working with this company?
    A.) (This question might be a game changer for me, I suppose, but don't know exactly. Here the history is somewhat different than what was mentioned in invitation letter or letter to consulate. Here issue is, like , I worked as Principal Software engineer for previous employer (not mentioning the name here) for last 9 years. Previous employer was also working for the same USA company, in which I am currently working with. But Since last 1 and 1/2 year, my USA company has owned Indian Company and our company became MNC now. You can say my last employer have sold company to USA and he himself diversified into other business. My answer was as below)
    I am working for last 10 years for this company.

Q.) How long are you going to stay in USA.
    A.) Around 2-3 weeks. (FYI: - In DS160, it was mentioned 20 days)

Q.) From whom you are going to get the training?
    A.) My Vice President, Product Development Manager, Mr. xyz (not mentioning his name here and the answer was exactly as per mentioned in letter to consulate.)

Q.) Oh so you are saying, you are going to get training from your Vice president?
    A.) (Here again I got confused, why such question and such exclamation mark!!!? And my answer was as below.)
    Yes you are correct.

--------------------------

After this interview, consulate officer wrote something in the computer in front of her and said something like below to me: -
    "I am sorry to say that this time we are not giving you the opportunity to got to USA. Better luck next time."
    +
    She gave me the reason form where a standard "214(b)" section reason was mentioned.
    +
    I didn't asked anything back to her and took my passport and went out.

1 more important thing to note here is: - I was not asked for any kind of documents for any proofs or verifications.

My question is : - Which of the question/answer lead to the rejection under section 214(b)? I do not see a single question where I could have convinced consulate that I won't be coming back to India.
    In fact there was no such question at all which said that I won't come back to India. Does anybody saw any specific reason to reject me under section 214(b) ?
    I think they found 10 years answer conflicting with your DS-160.
    About reason they never give you exact reason for you rejection. It remains top secret for a life time.
    Every rejected individual gets this paper. This is common paper they hand over to every one who gets rejection,no logic applied. You may turn mad thinking of what is the connection between the actual questions they ask with the reason (paper) they provide for your rejection.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X