Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer Petitioned EB1A Job porttability

Hello everyone,

Am new to this discussion forum and I have a question for which I havent seen a clearcut answer.

My story so far -
    On an O-1 Visa since 2012(extended and changed jobs so have been on more than one O-1)

I-140(EB-1A) was filed in premium with receipt date of May 30 2017 and my employer said they got electronic approval on June 9 2017

I485/765/131 was also concurrently filed for me and dependent spouse who is on a separate H1B. We got receipts for 765/131 but not yet for the I-485

My question -

When can i change jobs?

What I have gathered so far is that EB1A does not need employment offer but employer has petitioned so they may still be able to revoke the I-140. I know for INA 204(j) portability one is required to wait 180 days since I-485 receipt and then submit Supplement J. but the instructions for Supplement J (https://www.uscis.gov/system/files_f...pdf?download=1) says that

"Because these employment-based immigrant visa categories are not tied to a specific job offer, individuals seeking or
    granted classification as an alien of extraordinary ability or seeking or granted a National Interest Waiver of the job offer
    requirement do not have to file Supplement J when filing Form I-485 or to request job portability under INA section 204(j)."

What this seems to suggest is that i would not need to file supplement J since I-140 is approved but will i still need to wait 180 days on can i do it once EAD comes through in about 3-4 months.

Also as an added detail the planned job change is to a parent company and with the full cooperation of the employer that petitioned for my I-140

I spent a lot of time reading through USCIS and the Immigration and Nationalization Act etc but have no real clarity.

Hello jakava,
    Could you kindly provide an update on whether it was alright to change jobs on employer petitioned EB1A? Your insights will be highly appreciated.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X