Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change status b2 to f1 while inside US, necessary proof of funds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change status b2 to f1 while inside US, necessary proof of funds?

Hello,

I visited US as a tourist 3 times for last couple of years. I have my US bank account with $20K savings for my study. I want to change the status from tourist B2 to student F1. Can I be my own sponsor to file I-539 and show my US bank statement? Every time I came to US I brought money and put it on my US bank account since it is easy to pay for traveling inside US. Do I have to explain while filing for exchange how I have money in US bank since I never worked here?

I am currently live with my sister and my brother-in-law. They will be paying for my education as well if I need additional funds. My brother-in-law can be my sponsor, since my sister doesn't work, and he is a full time employee in the US. My sister came to US as a student 6 years ago, met my brother-in-law later on and they married. I am afraid they can reject me because my sister stay in the USA instead of back home after study. Or it does not matter for them?

Should I involve my brother-in-law to be my sponsor in addition to my funds or better file independently with only my bank account? Which way I have more chances to get approved?

Thanks

I am not a lawyer...it's best to consult with one.

This sharing is based from my personl experience: for B1/B2 to F1 it has to be filed with the USCIS accredited school (SEVIS) document and you have to do the application at least 3 mos prior to your I-94 expiry while in the US. The schools International Student Administrator/Officer will assist you with this process. Your proof of funds to pay for tuition will be asked from you by your school and will be included in your documents for filing. All forms will come from your school.

I hope this will help.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

I did the same thing I changed my status from B1/B2 to F1, there is to many schools in NewYork who will help you to change your status.

Chances of rejection are like no, I have a couple of more friend who changed their status and didn't face any problems just make sure your paperwork is right.

You can sponsor yourself if you have money in your account, however, try to find a citizen who can sponsor you that will make easier.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tc1981 View Post
        Hello,

I visited US as a tourist 3 times for last couple of years. I have my US bank account with $20K savings for my study. I want to change the status from tourist B2 to student F1. Can I be my own sponsor to file I-539 and show my US bank statement? Every time I came to US I brought money and put it on my US bank account since it is easy to pay for traveling inside US. Do I have to explain while filing for exchange how I have money in US bank since I never worked here?

I am currently live with my sister and my brother-in-law. They will be paying for my education as well if I need additional funds. My brother-in-law can be my sponsor, since my sister doesn't work, and he is a full time employee in the US. My sister came to US as a student 6 years ago, met my brother-in-law later on and they married. I am afraid they can reject me because my sister stay in the USA instead of back home after study. Or it does not matter for them?

Should I involve my brother-in-law to be my sponsor in addition to my funds or better file independently with only my bank account? Which way I have more chances to get approved?

Thanks
        Hey
        you dont need a sponsor if you have $20k in your account. there are lots of schools here in New York to convert to f1. I study in a ESL school in NY. its very cheap and easily accessible from NJ.
        let me know if you need any help I will connect you to my school officers to get your work done.

Comment

Originally posted by rajaopmi View Post
          Hey
          you dont need a sponsor if you have $20k in your account. there are lots of schools here in New York to convert to f1. I study in a ESL school in NY. its very cheap and easily accessible from NJ.
          let me know if you need any help I will connect you to my school officers to get your work done.
          school name is OPMI business school. call 212-269-4000 they will help you change the visa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X