Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT STEM Extension. Please help!

Background:
    • I currently work on a contract position for Biopharma Company and American consulting company is my full time employer.
    • Recently, my consulting company notified that they will no longer continue my contract after June 30. The reasoning provided by them is they no longer support OPT STEM Extensions as they don’t want to face any legal consequences.
    • Please note the Biopharma Company wants to keep my contract and is looking for another contracting firm who will be willing to sign I-983 form replacing my current consulting firm
    Please find below timeline of the events:-
    1. March 27th: I filled form I-983 with consulting company as a full time employer and Biopharma Company provided the job related training they signed the training sections 4 & 6 of the form I-983
    2. April 26th : USCIS received my application and mailed the receipt
    3. June 14th : My consulting company HR called me to notify they cannot support the STEM extension as they did not provide the training. The Consulting company will continue my contract until June 30. My Manager, at Biopharma Company mentioned that they will look for another contracting company replacing my current consulting firm.

Please provide thoughts on the below questions:
    1. How will the above situation impact my current pending STEM extension petition?

2. Considering Biopharma Company finds the staffing agency replacement in the next 2-3 weeks, Can I claim the unused un-employment provided in the initial OPT?
    I still have 40 days of the maximum 90 days unemployment period. Please note that I will continue to work until June 30.

3. Are there any concerns if a contracting firm fills up the I-983 form as I will be working with their client but not directly with them?

I really appreciate your feedback and any advice in this process.

Why can't Biopharma Company just hire you directly

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X