Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Card: U.S. Citizen (Puerto Rico) x Tourist (French - VWP/ESTA) - San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card: U.S. Citizen (Puerto Rico) x Tourist (French - VWP/ESTA) - San Francisco

Hi there,

Some of you might already have read a couple of my previous posts regarding my pretty complicated experience so far with my Green Card application.
    (https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...y-lawyer-wrong and https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...ss-in-5-months)

Let me just give you a quick summary of my situation:
    My name is Clement, I'm french.
    I met Maru (my wife) in October 2015 while I was under my second J-1 Visa.
    A bit more than a year later, just after I met her parents back in the US (as a tourist during vacation) we finally decided to get married.
    We applied for Adjustment of Status the first time early in January, but since then we kept having issues. Because of USCIS complicated system but also because of the lawyer we hired.

So I just took the last couple of days to review my application in order to submit it again ourselves as soon as we can.
    Please find below a descriptive of my full application. Hopefully everything is looking pretty good, but I do have few questions for anybody who could help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
    PO Box 805887
    Chicago, IL 60680-4120

1.) USCIS Submission Sheet

2.) Cover Letter (Basically this descriptive)

3.) Form I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative (Rev.02/27/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-130)
    • Check of $535 payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security
    • Copy of Petitioner's U.S. Passport
    • Copy of Beneficiary's U.S. Passport
    • 2x Passport style color photo of Petitioner (Maru)
    • 2x Passport style color photo of Beneficiary (Clement)
    • Evidences of Bona Fide Marriage:
    Copy of Marriage Certificate
    Wedding Photos
    Photos of the couple with Family and Friends
    Affidavits from Family and Friends (x10)
    Copy of current shared lease
    Bank Statement Joint Checking Account for the last 2 months

4.) Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status (Rev.01/17/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-485)
    • Check of $1,225 payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security
    • Copy of Petitioner's Passport
    • Copy of up-to-date Petitioner's Form I-94
    • Copy of Petitioner's Foreign Birth Certificate
    • Translation of Petitioner's Foreign Birth Certificate

5.) Form G-325A - Biographic Information (Rev.06/01/15 - www.uscis.gov/g-325a)

6.) Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization (Rev.01/17/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-765)
    • Copy of Beneficiary's Passport

7.) Form I-864 - Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA (Rev.07/02/15 - www.uscis.gov/i-864)
    • Copy of Sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return
    • Copy of Sponsor's most recent W-2s
    • Copy of Sponsor's Letter of Employment
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And please find below few questions I have regarding some of those forms but also about some others:

• Form I-130A - Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (Rev.02/27/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-130)
    If you look at the "Special Instructions" on the USCIS website I believe you can read that we need to add that Form I-130A to the latest edition of the Form I-130.
    But it is really not clear, can somebody help me with this?
    Would it be an issue if we "make a mistake" by joining a non necessary form to the package, just in case?

• Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Rev.02/07/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-693)
    I have seen a lot of you joining that form to their application, but back then my lawyer advised me to submit that form during the interview only (which is definitely an option according to USCIS instructions) because that form is valid for only a year, which can be an issue when like me your process takes much longer than expected.
    What do you guys think?

• Cover Letter
    Could/Should I express to USCIS all my troubles so far?

• Form I-864
    I have seen few of you joining a copy of the Sponsor's Passport to that form, but I haven't been able to find information about this in the instruction.
    Which makes me ask anyway, will USCIS keep this whole application package together? Meaning, even if different forms required a copy of my passport (for example); will only one copy of my passport be enough to be used for each different forms? Or should I provide multiple copies?

That's it for now. Hopefully I won't need anything else but please let me know if you notice anything wrong or anything else I should give a closer look.

Thanks in advance for everybody's help!!!

Originally posted by clmclmclm View Post
    Hi there,

Some of you might already have read a couple of my previous posts regarding my pretty complicated experience so far with my Green Card application.
    (https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...y-lawyer-wrong and https://www.immihelp.com/forum/showt...ss-in-5-months)

Let me just give you a quick summary of my situation:
    My name is Clement, I'm french.
    I met Maru (my wife) in October 2015 while I was under my second J-1 Visa.
    A bit more than a year later, just after I met her parents back in the US (as a tourist during vacation) we finally decided to get married.
    We applied for Adjustment of Status the first time early in January, but since then we kept having issues. Because of USCIS complicated system but also because of the lawyer we hired.

So I just took the last couple of days to review my application in order to submit it again ourselves as soon as we can.
    Please find below a descriptive of my full application. Hopefully everything is looking pretty good, but I do have few questions for anybody who could help.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
    PO Box 805887
    Chicago, IL 60680-4120

1.) USCIS Submission Sheet

2.) Cover Letter (Basically this descriptive)

3.) Form I-130 - Petition for Alien Relative (Rev.02/27/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-130)
    • Check of $535 payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security
    • Copy of Petitioner's U.S. Passport
    • Copy of Beneficiary's U.S. Passport
    • 2x Passport style color photo of Petitioner (Maru)
    • Evidences of Bona Fide Marriage:
    Copy of Marriage Certificate
    Wedding Photos
    Photos of the couple with Family and Friends
    Affidavits from Family and Friends (x10)
    Copy of current shared lease
    Bank Statement Joint Checking Account for the last 2 months

4.) Form I-485 - Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status (Rev.01/17/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-485)
    • Check of $1,225 payable to U.S Department of Homeland Security
    • Copy of Petitioner's Passport
    • Copy of up-to-date Petitioner's Form I-94
    • Copy of Petitioner's Foreign Birth Certificate
    • Translation of Petitioner's Foreign Birth Certificate

5.) Form G-325A - Biographic Information (Rev.06/01/15 - www.uscis.gov/g-325a)

6.) Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization (Rev.01/17/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-765)
    • Copy of Beneficiary's Passport

7.) Form I-864 - Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the INA (Rev.07/02/15 - www.uscis.gov/i-864)
    • Copy of Sponsor's most recent Federal Income Tax Return
    • Copy of Sponsor's most recent W-2s
    • Copy of Sponsor's Letter of Employment

And please find below few questions I have regarding some of those forms but also about some others:

• Form I-130A - Supplemental Information for Spouse Beneficiary (Rev.02/27/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-130)
    If you look at the "Special Instructions" on the USCIS website I believe you can read that we need to add that Form I-130A to the latest edition of the Form I-130.
    But it is really not clear, can somebody help me with this?
    Would it be an issue if we "make a mistake" by joining a non necessary form to the package, just in case?

• Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Rev.02/07/17 - www.uscis.gov/i-693)
    I have seen a lot of you joining that form to their application, but back then my lawyer advised me to submit that form during the interview only (which is definitely an option according to USCIS instructions) because that form is valid for only a year, which can be an issue when like me your process takes much longer than expected.
    What do you guys think?

• Cover Letter
    Could/Should I express to USCIS all my troubles so far?

• Form I-864
    I have seen few of you joining a copy of the Sponsor's Passport to that form, but I haven't been able to find information about this in the instruction.
    Which makes me ask anyway, will USCIS keep this whole application package together? Meaning, even if different forms required a copy of my passport (for example); will only one copy of my passport be enough to be used for each different forms? Or should I provide multiple copies?

That's it for now. Hopefully I won't need anything else but please let me know if you notice anything wrong or anything else I should give a closer look.

Thanks in advance for everybody's help!!!

1. You HAVE to include form i-130A. However from your previous post, you i-130 was already accepted. You DO NOT need to file it again. File i-485/i-131/i-765 plus the supporting forms.

2. Send the i-693 now if you already have it. If you don't you can take it to interview with you or you could get RFE to bring to interview.
    3. If you spouse is your sponsor then there is no need to include proof of citizenship/LPR as they have already provided it in i-130. If however you have a joint sponsor or more than one sponsor then you need to provide that proof.
    4. Copies cost something like 5 cents a page at kinkos. Make several copies if needed. I have heard that USCIS will make copies of same document if needed for another petition but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Hi Azblk

Thanks for your reply.

1.) Yes I will fill in that I-130A.
      However, I don't think they already accepted my I-130 because they sent it back to us with the check and everything...

2.) I will indeed get my I-693 later, since I'm trying to submit my application as soon as possible.

3.) Ok

4.) I wasn't really caring about sending more copies or not. I was rather just wondering, if, when for some reason you forgot to join a copy of something with a Form, they would use a copy attached to another form. Which I believe they will...
      But when you see what happened to us previously, I would hate it if we get a rejection notice again for such a dumb thing...

Comment

Hi Azblk

Thanks for your reply.

1.) Yes I will fill in that I-130A.
        However, I don't think they already accepted my I-130 because they sent it back to us with the check and everything...

oh ok i was under the impression your i-130 was already accepted. but since it was not refile what you have below plus i-130A

Comment

I received interesting news from USCIS today: The Form I-130A is actually replacing the Form G-325A.
          They still accept both, but soon the G-325A will disappear.

Anyway everything is now ready, triple checking tomorrow before sending and hopefully we won't have anymore issue #fingercrossed.

Comment

I received interesting news from USCIS today: The Form I-130A is actually replacing the Form G-325A.
            They still accept both, but soon the G-325A will disappear.

Anyway everything is now ready, triple checking tomorrow before sending and hopefully we won't have anymore issue #fingercrossed.
            We made photocopies of all the completed forms and kept them for our records. We never needed them‚*but in doing so we knew that if necessary we would be able to refer back to them and verify / check them if any questions arose as to how we filled them out.

Comment

Courage

Courage Clement, je suis francais aussi, presque tout fini, all will be fine!! In Florida too de La Martinique!!!

Originally posted by azblk View Post
              1. You HAVE to include form i-130A. However from your previous post, you i-130 was already accepted. You DO NOT need to file it again. File i-485/i-131/i-765 plus the supporting forms.

2. Send the i-693 now if you already have it. If you don't you can take it to interview with you or you could get RFE to bring to interview.
              3. If you spouse is your sponsor then there is no need to include proof of citizenship/LPR as they have already provided it in i-130. If however you have a joint sponsor or more than one sponsor then you need to provide that proof.
              4. Copies cost something like 5 cents a page at kinkos. Make several copies if needed. I have heard that USCIS will make copies of same document if needed for another petition but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchhope1 View Post
                Courage Clement, je suis francais aussi, presque tout fini, all will be fine!! In Florida too de La Martinique!!!
                Merci mec! We're finally sending the application tomorrow, hope everything is going to be fine from now. Fingers Crossed!

Comment

Eh Oui

En Effet, en plus nous sommes franco donc pas d'inquietude!!! Prieres pour Paris Today, too many bad folks doing bad things!! France is USA firs Ally why shouldn't we obtain a Green Card knowing we have no bad records etc.. I will let you know how my interview goes in less than 9 Jours!!

Comment

Originally posted by frenchhope1 View Post
                    En Effet, en plus nous sommes franco donc pas d'inquietude!!! Prieres pour Paris Today, too many bad folks doing bad things!! France is USA firs Ally why shouldn't we obtain a Green Card knowing we have no bad records etc.. I will let you know how my interview goes in less than 9 Jours!!
                    Yes let me know mec!

Comment

Finally, after almost 6 months, my application got finally accepted by USCIS.
                      It is just a small step in the process but for me it's huuuuge progress.

We received 3 Receipt Numbers: I-130, I-485 and I-765 (this last one doesn't seem to be working on the tracking website yet).

Does that mean my Priority Date is June 22nd 2017?

I guess, next step is just to wait for notice of Biometrics Appointment right?

Cheers!

Comment

Finally, after almost 6 months, my application got finally accepted by USCIS.
                        It is just a small step in the process but for me it's huuuuge progress.

We received 3 Receipt Numbers: I-130, I-485 and I-765 (this last one doesn't seem to be working on the tracking website yet).

Does that mean my Priority Date is June 22nd 2017?

I guess, next step is just to wait for notice of Biometrics Appointment right?

Cheers!
                        Your priority date should be the date your papers were received by USCIS.

And I hope your crappy lawyer repaid you for all the fees they charged

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Just a quick update here. Confirmation that my priority date is June 22nd.
                          And today I received my biometrics appointment notice, meeting there on July 19th!

Cheers,
                          Clem

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X