Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa stamping delayed @ Hyderabad location

Hello Group,
    My dependents were eligible for dropbox and had submitted their passports for H4 US Visa stamping on 6-June (Tuesday), last week at Hyderabad VAC center. Until today (17-June), there is no status update. I haven't received any email or call from US consulate as well.
    I had checked both on ustraveldocs website and CEAC website and the status says 'In processing'. I had sent an email to '[email protected]' and got the same update as the ustraveldocs/CEAC website says.

It is very usual not to receive any kind of proper update from the US consulate. It's been more than 10 days and I'm worried now and also their tickets are booked for 1-July. Is anyone also experiencing similar problem? Anyone knows what would have been the reason behind the delay? Any idea when would I receive a proper update from them? Sorry guys but all sort of questions running through my mind.

Thanks.

I have faced the same situation in the month of March 2017. We have(Myself,my wife and 2 kids) dropped the documents on March 10,2017 at Hyd location. Visa is issued to my Kids in 3 days, but not to me and my wife.
    I have followed up with them and they have asked me to wait for 10 days. On 11th day, I got a call and asking me to come to consulate for the FingerPrints (They have some system glitch, so they are asking us to come for the FingerPrints ).
    After finger prints, I got the visa in 2 days and collected the passport.

Originally posted by kapil_h1b View Post
    Hello Group,
    My dependents were eligible for dropbox and had submitted their passports for H4 US Visa stamping on 6-June (Tuesday), last week at Hyderabad VAC center. Until today (17-June), there is no status update. I haven't received any email or call from US consulate as well.
    I had checked both on ustraveldocs website and CEAC website and the status says 'In processing'. I had sent an email to '[email protected]' and got the same update as the ustraveldocs/CEAC website says.

It is very usual not to receive any kind of proper update from the US consulate. It's been more than 10 days and I'm worried now and also their tickets are booked for 1-July. Is anyone also experiencing similar problem? Anyone knows what would have been the reason behind the delay? Any idea when would I receive a proper update from them? Sorry guys but all sort of questions running through my mind.

Thanks.

Comment

@Sreesh: Thanks buddy for sharing the information. That gives me some relief. I'll be following up with them again early next week.

Anyone else had faced with similar experience? Thanks.

Comment

One update which I have seen for my dependents case is the date on 'Case Last Updated' has changed. Not sure what does it mean. Does anyone know?
        Still waiting for a proper update from US Consulate.

Dependent 1:*

Case Status - Application Received

Case Created: * * 07-Jun-2017
        Case Last Updated: *20-Jun-2017

Dependent 2:*

Case Status - Application Received

Case Created: * * 07-Jun-2017
        Case Last Updated:* 19-Jun-2017

Comment

Ok, I wasn't expecting this at all! Administrative Processing!!! Unable to understand why they would need AP for H4 candidates.

Not sure but does anyone know how long it would take for AP and what all they would be doing (in general) as part of AP?

Hyderabad Location -
          Dependent 1:

Case Created: 07-Jun-2017
          Case Last Updated: 21-Jun-2017

Dependent 2:

Case Last Updated: 21-Jun-2017

Comment

Another status update on my dependent's case. Does 'Issued' means Visa has been stamped? Also, have received the status as 'Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B' on the same date. So, confusing now.

Hyderabad Location -
            Dependent 1:

Status as per the email sent to [email protected] : Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B
            Case Last Updated: 22-Jun-2017
            Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days...

Dependent 2:

Status as per the email sent to [email protected] : Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B
            Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kapil_h1b View Post
              Another status update on my dependent's case. Does 'Issued' means Visa has been stamped? Also, have received the status as 'Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B' on the same date. So, confusing now.

Hyderabad Location -
              Dependent 1:

Dependent 2:

Thanks
              Yes. Visa Issued

Comment

Guys....finally Visa is stamped and passports are collected. :-)

Below is the sequence of the activities -
                6-Jun-2017 - Submitted both of my dependents passport at Hyderabad OFC office since they were eligible for dropbox.
                7-Jun-2017 - Case created date updated for both of my dependents as per CEAC website and status is 'Application Received'
                20-Jun-2017 - Case last updated date changed to this date for both of my dependents. Status is 'Application Received'
                21-Jun-2017 - Status changed to 'Administrative Processing' for both
                22-Jun-2017 - Status changed to 'Issued' for both
                23-Jun-2017 - Received the email to collect the passports and passports were collected.

Thanks Sreesh & rajesh_chv for your valuable inputs and special thanks to immihelp forum for keeping my hopes alive!!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X