N400 Interview without file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N400 Interview without file

I applied for US citizenship early May 2016 and finally my interview was scheduled for May 30th in Mount Laurel Office, NJ. My interview went smooth but at the end, the immigration officer told me that he has not received my file yet but he will request it and it should not take more than 30 days. I wonder if anyone else had similar experience.

Same thing happened to my husband. He was scheduled for an interview/test in 9/7/17, when he waited for hours he asked the lady who was calling and giving their numbers to wait, she realized my husband's name was. OT on her list. Or was his documents in their so called boxes. Lady asked my husband to write down his contact and email number and she promised they will call him. Husband called the customer service and spoke to an immigration officer and told him to wait within 30 days... my questions are... what if the lady lost my husband's contact number, forgot all about my husband's issue, or she didn't bring the concern to her supervisor the concern how will my husband be notified??? Very stressful waiting and no one can really give you a straight answer where to go, to do for the next step because they all say the same thing just to wait...
    Good luck to you and hopefully you get notified as soon as your documents are in file.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X