Parents new passport name mismatch with B1/B2 visa on old passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents new passport name mismatch with B1/B2 visa on old passport

My parents are planning to make a trip to visit me. They have previously visited me and they have a B1/B2 visa with the following names

Father's VISA
    Last Name: AAAAA BBBBB
    Given Name: CCCC DDDDD

Mother's VISA
    Last Name: YYYY X YYYYY ZZZZZ
    Given Name: FNU

Both their visas are valid till 12/2017

The above names match their old passport.

They recently got their passport renewed in India, and their new passport has the following names

Father's passport:
    Surname: DDDDD
    First Name: AAAAA BBBBB CCCC

Mother's passport:
    Surname: ZZZZ
    First Name: YYYY X YYYYY

My concern is the difference in their names between the visa/old passport and new passport. I am not sure how much of an issue this will be at the port of entry. Will they need to get a new visa?

Please let me know.

Split of your mother's name is understandable but how did your father's name change like that? DDDD moved from given name to surname?

What exactly are their exact names?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

My father's name was incorrect in his previous passport, the one he used to get the B1/B2 visa. His name in the current(recently renewed) passport is his actual name.

The mistake we made was we didn't notice it when he got his passport 10 years ago, since it was procured by an agent. He didn't have any issues with getting the visa or traveling with his previous passport. Now that he was getting it renewed, he forgot about this name issue in visa and got it renewed in his right name. I am not sure if he should get his visa to reflect the new name or change his passport to reflect the name on his visa.

In order to change the name on his visa, does he need to attend visa interview?

Please let me know

Comment

Will not make a difference. My sister's new passport had the same problem with names compared to old passport. She got her visa.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X