Advice for H1B to F1 change of status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for H1B to F1 change of status

I am currently in the US on an H1B (got it Oct 2015). I want to quit my job next year and go for a PhD, which will start in late August 2018. Assuming I get into the program I want (I will know by Feb 2018), here are some questions I need help with the following:

1. When should I apply for change of status from H1B to F1 and when should I quit my current job- I assume I cannot work for my employer after change of status, and also I cannot stay long (if at all) in the country if I quit my job before change of status.

2. Can I apply for change of status while in the US? Do I need to leave the country at any point (to get the F1 sticker on my passport, for example)?

3. I'm not sure how long USCIS takes to process change of status- but can I apply in March for change of status but ask that the change happens in August? Basically if at all I have to leave the country I want to leave for a short time only - just to get visa stamp, not for months at a time. Is this realistic?

Contact OPMI business school, NY they will help you to change the status to F1

LEARN ENGLISH in the HEART OF LOWER MANHATTAN.🗽🌉🌃

OPMI also offers FREE consultation on non-immigration status and I-20 Form to obtain F1 visa for all the qualified International students who are aspiring to study in New York City.

OPMI Business School (formerly Our Planet Management Institute) is an SEVP-Certified School.
    Licensed by the NYSED/BPSS; accredited by the Council on Occupational Education.

OPMI offers students of any age from all over the world the unique experience to study, live, make lots of new friends and enjoy living in NYC.👩*💻👨*💻👩*🎓
    We offer ESL and more than ten Occupational programs on our campus, where you can continue professional path or choose another, where you can improve personally and just have fun.

Choose OPMI to receive the most joyful and unforgettable educational experience.👩*🎓
    Visit us at www.opmi.edu or call 212-269-4000

Comment

Hi

What happened to your visa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X