Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a caution (was not convicted) from UK but not a UK citizen. Will it affect B2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a caution (was not convicted) from UK but not a UK citizen. Will it affect B2?

Hi, I did my bachelor in UK from 2009-2012. In 2010 when I was 18 years old I was caught for shop lifting. The police gave me a caution letter. I didn't have to go to the court. I was kept in jail for 2/3 hours after getting caught. I only had to pay fine.
    I left U.K. in 2012 October, with no other bad records. In 2013 I applied for tourist visa to U.K. to attend award ceremony of my internship my visa was denied stating I provided false information. I remember when I applied for visa extension in 2011, my university visa consultant suggested me to say I dong have any criminal conviction and I received my extension that time. In 2013 I did the same but I didn't only get denied visa, I also got banned for 10 years. I was really shocked.

I have a clean record in all the other countries I have lived and travelled so far. In past 5 years I have travelled to 24 coutries (Asia, Europe, Africa) without any problem. My passport is quite filled with visas.
    I am not a UK citizen. I live in Germany now I'll have to go to USA this year to attend a conference. Now I'm really scared to apply for the visa. Do I answer NO for question "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? " Can they check my biometric of U.K. ? My UK visa is in my old passport and if I don't show the old passport they wouldn't know I lived in UK right?

Originally posted by rina001 View Post
    Do I answer NO for question "Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar action? "
    The correct answer to this question, in your case, is "YES"

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X