my medical exam was bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my medical exam was bad

hi everyones, i have a situation and i don`t know how to deal with. I have my medical exam and they test my skin for TBC. The skin turn on red ( a little spot on my arm) and they say : you are positive for TBC!! OMG!!! I`m very scared not because the diagnostic because if i get the treatement 6 months, they are gonna give me the medical form for the interview or i should expect until the virus is gone??

don't worry

Everything gonna be Alright

Comment

Originally posted by bethzly View Post
      Everything gonna be Alright
      thanks, but you think i could have the medical form until the interview, or i`m gonna stay 6 months and then i`m gonna go to the interview. I applied in december 2016 and i expect one day to other to receive my appointment to the interview

Comment

Originally posted by diana 26 View Post
        hi everyones, i have a situation and i don`t know how to deal with. I have my medical exam and they test my skin for TBC. The skin turn on red ( a little spot on my arm) and they say : you are positive for TBC!! OMG!!! I`m very scared not because the diagnostic because if i get the treatement 6 months, they are gonna give me the medical form for the interview or i should expect until the virus is gone??
        Hi

Here are search results from the USCIS result relating to the search term "TB". You may find some useful information here

Comment

Originally posted by diana 26 View Post
          Did you come from a country that vaccinates for TB? If so, you will automatically test positive with the skin test. If that's the case, then you are allowed to do a chest x-ray that will show that you do not have TB. If you were vaccinated for TB in your country you have to raise that with the doctor that does your medical exam so they can refer you for a chest x-ray.

That's what I did because I was vaccinated and skin test was positive, but x-ray was clear.

Comment

My skin result the doctor called it as "between positive and negative", they sent me to have chest X-ray and the result is "clear expanded chest". The doctor attached the X-ray report to my I-693.

Didn't your doctor refer you to have the X-ray?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercithehairball View Post
              My skin result the doctor called it as "between positive and negative", they sent me to have chest X-ray and the result is "clear expanded chest". The doctor attached the X-ray report to my I-693.

Didn't your doctor refer you to have the X-ray?
              A TB skin test is either positive or negative, there's no in-between. They should've measured the reaction with a ruler for color and induration and made a determination.

If you received the BCG in your country of origin, you may test positive for the TB skin test, without exposure to TB.

Doing the Chest X-ray is normal procedure with any positive skin test.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by JerseyCitygal View Post
              Did you come from a country that vaccinates for TB? If so, you will automatically test positive with the skin test.........
              It's not automatically so. Some test negative after receiving the BCG.

------------------------------------------------
              Not legal or medical advice
              Not legal advice.

Comment

[QUOTE=NettieL;505384]A TB skin test is either positive or negative, there's no in-between. They should've measured the reaction with a ruler for color and induration and made a determination.

If you received the BCG in your country of origin, you may test positive for the TB skin test, without exposure to TB.

Doing the Chest X-ray is normal procedure with any positive skin test.

The assistant used the ruler and couldn't determine the result, then they have to call the doctor to check on me, he used the rule, hesitated a little, and said, "it is not 100% positive, it is in the gray area between positive and negative, you either have to take the blood test or chest X-ray for the final result". The blood test is cheaper than X-ray. The assistant said if the result of blood test is positive, I still need to go through the X-ray. So I decided to skip the blood test and straight to X-ray, good thing is the result satisfied USCIS.

Comment

I'm posting this for the benefit of other people who may read this thread.

---------------------------------------
                  Not legal or medical advice
                  Last edited by NettieL; 06-20-2017, 05:38 PM.
                  Not legal advice.

Comment

Breast cancer

I have a breast cancer and I have my schedule for medical exam next month. Can this be the reason to fail my medical exam and the reason to deny my spouse visa? I'm really worried!

Comment

Originally posted by Joylin View Post
                      I have a breast cancer and I have my schedule for medical exam next month. Can this be the reason to fail my medical exam and the reason to deny my spouse visa? I'm really worried!
                      I had a quick look on this link- Ineligibilities for medical reasons: https://travel.state.gov/contenthttp...ibilities.html

It looks like ineligibility focuses on Public Health risk (communicable diseases and others), and cancer doesn't qualify as a public health risk. Because the US doesn't have universal healthcare and you are not allowed to get government funded medical insurance for a number of years, it shouldn't make you inadmissable.

The person who is sponsoring you (Filed Form I-864) is financially responsible for you, including your health related expenses.

You have the option to see if you are denied and then contract a lawyer to file a waiver if needed. Or, you can contact a lawyer who has experience with filing medical waivers now, to set your mind at ease.

--------------------
                      This is not medical or legal advice. Use at your own risk.
                      Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X