Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Children Visa from Abroad

Hello,
    I'm kind of having a particular situation. My wife and I are married for 2 years and have a girl, and awaiting another child... I personally have 2 children under 9 abroad whom we wish to come visit us. So we decided to have them for 1 month of vacation with us at least. What paperworks should we gather to pass the burden of proof that they will return after their stay because they have school starting right after? (we've heard that young children generally are refused visas because of failure of strong ties)

What is your and your wife's immigration status?

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      What is your and your wife's immigration status?
      Wife Citizen, and I'm a A10 status in with a i-130 pending...

Comment

Your children under the age of 21 are deemed your spouses children for the purpose of obtaining immigrant benefits. Your citizen spouse can petition for them to receive immigrant visas that are immediately available

Consider this imperfect option in the event that they can not obtain tourist visas. Indeed, they may not be able to rebut the presumption of immigrant intent required for B visas

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          Your children under the age of 21 are deemed your spouses children for the purpose of obtaining immigrant benefits. Your citizen spouse can petition for them to receive immigrant visas that are immediately available

Consider this imperfect option in the event that they can not obtain tourist visas. Indeed, they may not be able to rebut the presumption of immigrant intent required for B visas
          Yes you're right. What should we file? I mean which forms? should we for example file i-130 along with 1-485 or separately when i-130 approved?
          And I will appreciate if any one knows which are the "exact paperworks" to provide and the "complete list" of forms expected to file...

Thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X