Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-entering US after a short international business travel

Hi.

Quick question. My current L1-VISA and I94 validity expires mid of August 2017. I'm traveling internationally on business outside US for a week in June. Will that cause any issues when I re-enter US in the port of entry? I will have more than a month of I94 validity and the company plans to file extension upon my return to US? Port of entry is Newark (NJ).

Appreciate a response and thank you in advance.

Regards
    VK
    Last edited by VKRI_2017; 06-21-2017, 03:20 PM. Reason: for more clarity.

I've travelled twice outside the US for short business trips this year (Feb and March 2017) before my L1A Visa I-94 expired last May 2017. Airport USCIS only reminded me that my Visa will soon expire (asked me if I'm aware of it) and I said company will file the extension which I did right after arriving last March.

Current visa/I-94 is valid until May 2018 (2 years extension). I suggest you do the same and if possible do it under Premium Processing (pay extra $1200+) after arriving from your business trip.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Very helpful, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by VKRI_2017 View Post
        Hi.

Quick question. My current L1-VISA and I94 validity expires mid of August 2017. I'm traveling internationally on business outside US for a week in June. Will that cause any issues when I re-enter US in the port of entry? I will have more than a month of I94 validity and the company plans to file extension upon my return to US? Port of entry is Newark (NJ).

Appreciate a response and thank you in advance.

Regards
        VK
        Usually no problem. Some people under L1 visas have frequent travels as part of their jobs...sometimes, even longer or very, very frequent international travels.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X