Need help finding evidence of U.S. citizen parent's physical presence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding evidence of U.S. citizen parent's physical presence

My husband is Canadian (as am I) and wants to get his U.S. Citizenship through his mother. The problem we are running into is coming up with evidence of my mother-in-law's physical presence in the United States:

Evidence of U.S. citizen parent's physical presence in the United States before the child's birth, such as school transcripts (not certificate or diploma), university transcripts (not certificate or degree), employment records, social security record of earnings, other documentation that corroborate the Affidavit of Parentage and Physical Presence. The physical presence requirements set by the Nationality Act and the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) are
    Child's birth between December 24, 1952 and November 14, 1986, the requirement is ten years of physical presence in the United States by the American parent, five of which were after age fourteen, prior to the child's birth.

My mother-in-law stopped school in grade 9 (she was 16 by the time she stopped), and worked from age 16-17. Then she quit because she became pregnant with my husband's older sister. She then moved to Canada and got married on the same day (it was after her 19th birthday). So she is cutting it quite close. I have school transcripts (but only until age 16), birth certificate, Canadian Immigration Identification Record, Import of Goods into Canada, Canadian marriage licence (showing she was a "spinster"), Letter From Canadian Consulate in Buffalo (showing her home address), Original US Passport (copy), Police Record Check (apparently you have to have a separate record check for every area you've lived in, and she only lived in the city she was born in up until she moved to Canada), and her old and new SSN (they couldn't find records on her old one, and so she got a new one i

Does anyone have any other ideas on proving physical presence? I am at a loss...

Has anyone had a similar experience? Were you approved or denied?

There may be some investigative services that can help in obtaining this information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X