Dropbox IWP facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox IWP facility

I was granted L1A Blanket visa in 2014. Visa extension was applied from within US and it has been approved (I129 & I797A) by USCIS recently (JUNE 2017).
    So I believe this time the approved petition is for L1A Individual category. Now I want to visit India for visa stamping and I was wondering if I qualify for the Dropbox program.

I checked the criteria from the US consulate website for dropbox category and I match all of them except for one that I have little doubt on "If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months". Because my previous visa was on L1A blanket and this time the approved petition is L1A Individual. Please advice.

Originally posted by Sbasu123 View Post
    I was granted L1A Blanket visa in 2014. Visa extension was applied from within US and it has been approved (I129 & I797A) by USCIS recently (JUNE 2017).
    So I believe this time the approved petition is for L1A Individual category. Now I want to visit India for visa stamping and I was wondering if I qualify for the Dropbox program.

I checked the criteria from the US consulate website for dropbox category and I match all of them except for one that I have little doubt on "If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months". Because my previous visa was on L1A blanket and this time the approved petition is L1A Individual. Please advice.
    Both belong to L1 Class so as long as your current visa is still valid or expired within last 12 Months, you would qualify for dropbox.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you Raghvi....

I see a special note "Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify for the Interview Waiver Program, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible."
      Is this note not valid for me because I'm applying for L1A Individual this time and even if my previous L1A was Blanket?

Comment

Originally posted by Sbasu123 View Post
        Thank you Raghvi....

I see a special note "Note: Blanket L1 visa applicants do not qualify for the Interview Waiver Program, but Blanket L2 spouses are eligible."
        Is this note not valid for me because I'm applying for L1A Individual this time and even if my previous L1A was Blanket?
        Correct. You no longer are L1A blanket.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I am facing similar issue. My previous visa was L-1A blanket and L-1A was extended as individual petition. While scheduling for appointment its asking "Do you have a previous L-1 visa (individual intracompany transferee)?"
          My previous visa was L-1A blanket. If I answer no, its directing to take visa appointment.

If I answer yes, it qualifies for dropbox.

If both L-1A blanket and L-1A individual are of same visa class, what should be the answer for "Do you have a previous L-1 visa (individual intracompany transferee)?"

Please advise.

Comment

Any pointers please..

Thanks in advance

Comment

Senior members..any pointers please. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X