Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 to H1

Hi

I need help on my Visa conversion matter: Below i am stating my Case details:

1.My H1B visa got approved and the validity is till September2017(I797 VISA VALIDITY 2017)
    2.But due to personal issue, i could not work after March2017 and had to travel to India and so i got converted into H4 and my passport visa is having H4 stamping till
    3.Now, i am ready to work and is actively searching for Jobs here in US but i want not to strictly search for Job for my current employer but also for other employers whichever matches my profile.

Now my question is
    1.Whether can i work for any employer(Big companies like JPMorgan or BankOfAmerica) since my I 797 is valid till 2017 or i have to strictly be attached to my current employer for resuming my work.

Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by needhelponVisa View Post
    Hi

1.My H1B visa got approved and the validity is till September2017(I797 VISA VALIDITY 2017)
    2.But due to personal issue, i could not work after March2017 and had to travel to India and so i got converted into H4 and my passport visa is having H4 stamping till
    3.Now, i am ready to work and is actively searching for Jobs here in US but i want not to strictly search for Job for my current employer but also for other employers whichever matches my profile.

Now my question is
    1.Whether can i work for any employer(Big companies like JPMorgan or BankOfAmerica) since my I 797 is valid till 2017 or i have to strictly be attached to my current employer for resuming my work.

No, yoou cannot work for any employer since:
    A your I-797 is only vaild with your previous job, the miniute you stop working for your previous company your H1B status is nolonger vaild
    B You are now under H4 which if your spouse is not under 140 (in other word if you have not applied for work authorization under H4), you cannot have any sort of income until you apply for another H1B

Under your situation, I recommend you to find a company to file H1B transfer for you ASAP, once your 797 expired on sept/2017, you will have no option but apply new H1B next year

Comment

Originally posted by needhelponVisa View Post
      Hi

Now my question is

Any employer can file a cap exempt petition for you. You would be cap exempt till 2023. Find an employer willing to petition for you, and they will apply H4 to H1 Change of Status. Once COS is approved with new I-94, you can work for them.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X