Questions regarding H-1B and H4 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding H-1B and H4 ...

Hi everyone, I had a few questions to ask regarding H-1B and H-4 Visas. My situation is as follows: I'm currently in the US (not yet married) and my H-1B application was picked in this year's H-1B lottery, and so is currently under processing (Change of Status). I'm also planning to get married in October this year back in home country. So I have a couple of questions:

1) Assuming my H-1B Change of Status is approved and I go home to get H-1B stamped, how long will this stamping usually take if my profile is clean (no criminal record, etc.) ?

2) How soon after getting my H-1B stamped can my future wife start her H-4 Visa application ?

3) How long do H-4 visa applications usually take for someone who has never been to the US ?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by ahmadka View Post
    Hi everyone, I had a few questions to ask regarding H-1B and H-4 Visas. My situation is as follows: I'm currently in the US (not yet married) and my H-1B application was picked in this year's H-1B lottery, and so is currently under processing (Change of Status). I'm also planning to get married in October this year back in home country. So I have a couple of questions:

1) Assuming my H-1B Change of Status is approved and I go home to get H-1B stamped, how long will this stamping usually take if my profile is clean (no criminal record, etc.) ?

2) How soon after getting my H-1B stamped can my future wife start her H-4 Visa application ?

3) How long do H-4 visa applications usually take for someone who has never been to the US ?

Thanks in advance
    1. Typically a week to 10 days.
    2. She can apply for H4 immediately after marriage and obtaining marriage certificate.
    3. Typically a week to 10 days.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X