Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer and current h1b term expiration

Hello,

i am currently on h1b visa and my first 3 year h1b term is expiring in sept'2017. My new employer has filed for the transfer on 21 june 2017. I understand that as soon as i get receipt, i can start working for new company. However, if the transfer does not complete before sept'2017, what are the consequences? Will i go out of status and do i have to stop working for new employer? As per current situation, i learnt that transfer takes about 8 to 9 months. Can someone shed light on this and guide through? Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by NetraP View Post
    Hello,

i am currently on h1b visa and my first 3 year h1b term is expiring in sept'2017. My new employer has filed for the transfer on 21 june 2017. I understand that as soon as i get receipt, i can start working for new company. However, if the transfer does not complete before sept'2017, what are the consequences? Will i go out of status and do i have to stop working for new employer? As per current situation, i learnt that transfer takes about 8 to 9 months. Can someone shed light on this and guide through? Thank you in advance.
    With a pending H1, you can continue to work at max 240 Days post your current I-94 expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X