Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 130 plus a c10 Workers permit

*Had our daughter May 21 2015
    *Immigration court for deportation May 30 2015 due to dwi in 2011( Judge reschuled court next time he wanted for us to already hace the I130 submitted
    *Married husband July 2015
    *sent out I 130 Sep 2015
    * December 2015 went back to court and deportation was finally closed
    *Recieved a letter in December 2015 that we needed to have an interview to see if our mrriage was legit
    *Jan 18 2016 intrview date and petiton was approved
    *Sep 2016 was ably to apply for a workers permit

Lawyer called us today he can no longer renew his permit which expired Sept 2017 and need to send Waiver I601 and must wait to see if its approved then from there need to make a interview date in Cj Juarez Mx since he entered the US without a Visa.

What im worried and scared is what if they deny him at the interview how long after that can we re apply or sice we are sending the waiver from El Paso Tx once and if they approve it . Does that mean he can go safely to MX with an almost guarantee that he will get his green card. Or how does it work . Has anyone else been in this situation. Also husband at age 16 tried crossing the US but the officers returned him took his finger prints. Will that affect him. he never claimed to be a US citezen so is he clear from that ??? PLease i Need help if anyone can give me info i would appreciate it. Thank you

Even with an approved Form I-601A Provisional Waiver, there are no assurances that he will be issued an immigrant visa abroad and be able to return to the United States. The provisional waiver only waives the ground of inadmissibility pertaining to his unlawful presence. The consular officer may find additional grounds of inadmissibility that pertain to him. Even if they don't, and then issue him a visa, a border patrol agent may find additional grounds of inadmissibility that pertain to him (unlikely)

The best you can do perform an honest, rigorous, and thorough inquiry of his immigration and criminal history, then ascertain all the grounds of inadmissibility that pertain to him, then apply to have all those grounds waived. Depending on what comes up, the procedure might be different. If his DWI is an aggravated felony (unlikely) or drug related, he will have to file a full-fledged Form I-601 waiver application while abroad after applying for - then being denied - an immigrant visa at the consulate abroad. In that case, he'll be stuck abroad while waiting for it to be adjudicated. If he entered unlawfully after being subject to expedited removal, then he will need to wait ten years abroad then file Form I-212. Hopefully neither of these two things are the case, but if they are the case, it is better to be prepared and ready act then to face surpises

Comment

Thank you very much. I will hop for the best

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X