Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enter US for first time with a copy of I-129S form

Hello,
    As far as i know that i need a stamped I-129S and L1-visa on my passport to enter US for the first time on L1. Unfortunately I don't have the original stamped I-129S form so i have 2 questions:
    -> Can i still enter with a scanned copy version ?
    -> Are there any additional docs i need to carry ?

Thanks a lot for help

I entered multiple times carrying only I-797 notice (and a visa in the passport, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by igor239 View Post
      I entered multiple times carrying only I-797 notice (and a visa in the passport, of course).
      I-129S is for blanket visa, where you won't have I-797.

I-129S is just one copy & each applicant gets a copy only. Feel free, you can use the scanned copy to enter into USA.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
        I-129S is for blanket visa, where you won't have I-797.

I-129S is just one copy & each applicant gets a copy only. Feel free, you can use the scanned copy to enter into USA.
        You can easily read that for blanket your visa will state: must present I-129S at POE. That means you must show the form for the first enter. Actually they usually provide you 2 copies: one for you...and one for CBP...USCIS will get info from the Consulate. In this way, all interested parties have the documents.

For the subsequent enters, you may need or may not need the I-129...from 15 entries I do every year, in only 45% they ask for it...and if I don`t have, is no big deal at all.

I never had an I-797 so...not sure how you got one...

Comment

Hey,

Is the form I-129S still not required? I forgot to bring it back to me when I came for vacations in India.

Comment

anshulgoyal789 - I also don't have a stamped I-129S form with me currently. Could you please let me know if you needed the stamped I-129S when you went back?

Comment

smlbansal I asked my friend to scan the I-129S and send me. I showed the scanned stamped copy and they allowed me to enter without any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by anshulgoyal789 View Post
                smlbansal I asked my friend to scan the I-129S and send me. I showed the scanned stamped copy and they allowed me to enter without any problems.
                Thanks a lot, anshulgoyal789. I, unfortunately, don't have a stamped copy at all. My only stamped copy was taken by the CBP officer during my last entry Now I am unsure if I can re-enter the US using an unstamped copy of I-129S form.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X