Adjudicative Review 221g - Blue Slip - PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjudicative Review 221g - Blue Slip - PLEASE HELP

I’ve got an update from US Consulate today. Please let me know whether it’s a progress related to my admin. processing 221g blue slip case.
    Any inputs related to below email is much appreciated.
    Details:
    1. Interview Location: Chennai
    2. Interview Date: 20-Apr-2017
    3. Issued Slip: 221g Blue
    4. Passport Retained: No
    5. Documents Retained: Client Letter

===========================================================
    Dear Applicant,
    Your application remains pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for mandatory administrative processing. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review. In general, most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview; however, timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.
    While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will ensure that the application is adjudicated as soon as the administrative processing of your case has been completed. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as the processing of your case is complete. You can also check the status of your visa online.
    Regards,
    U.S. Consulate General, Chennai.

Originally posted by H1bguy03 View Post
    I’ve got an update from US Consulate today. Please let me know whether it’s a progress related to my admin. processing 221g blue slip case.
    Any inputs related to below email is much appreciated.
    Details:
    1. Interview Location: Chennai
    2. Interview Date: 20-Apr-2017
    3. Issued Slip: 221g Blue
    4. Passport Retained: No
    5. Documents Retained: Client Letter

===========================================================
    Dear Applicant,
    Your application remains pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for mandatory administrative processing. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review. In general, most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview; however, timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.
    While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will ensure that the application is adjudicated as soon as the administrative processing of your case has been completed. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as the processing of your case is complete. You can also check the status of your visa online.
    Regards,
    U.S. Consulate General, Chennai.
    Can someone please help me?

Comment

Originally posted by H1bguy03 View Post
      Can someone please help me?
      What is your specific question? Many folks go through 221G. There is hardly anything to do except waiting for the consulate to reach out to you. If they want more documents they will let you know. Hang in there and be patient.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        What is your specific question? Many folks go through 221G. There is hardly anything to do except waiting for the consulate to reach out to you. If they want more documents they will let you know. Hang in there and be patient.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

raghvi - My apologies for not making it in clear. Here is my query

Can you please tell me more about "U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review".

I didnt find much information online about "adjudicative review".

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X