Embassy requesting verification of visa number after issuance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embassy requesting verification of visa number after issuance

I was issued my K-1 visa about 3 weeks ago and received my visa in the mail about 2 weeks ago. Yesterday I received an email that appears to be coming from the embassy (the sender email is: [email protected])

The email lists my case number and the date of issuance so it looks legitimate off the bat. The email tells me that the Consular Section of the US embassy wants me to verify the last four digits of the red number located on the bottom right of the visa in my passport. It says the number will be in the format of (for example) N999 YYYY . What are the four digits representing the YYYY on your visa?

My question then is, why would they neeed me to verify this number?

I couldnt find any similar cases by using google. My apprehension to responding is that I dont know how sensitive this information is if this email is not from the embassy. With my knowledge of email scams and such I cant confidently say an email adress cant be **** d to look like a legitimate one. This one definitely looks authentic to me.

Does anyone have a similar experience, should I just send an email verifying the number?

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by MarcusSwe; 06-27-2017, 02:09 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X