F2 to F1 transfer stampig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to F1 transfer stampig

I am Currently on F2 visa which is valid only for next 3 months ( My Husband will be on H1, starting from October). I am Planning to join University of Harrisburg. I have following options to choose from.

1. Once I get I 20 in August, get my stamping done from my home country, India :- But in case if F1 is rejected, will I be able to enter back on F2 considering that it will be about to get expire in Oct. Also will impact my chances of getting H4 approved in future ?

2. Get My H4 approved in around Oct And then start the course ( as it is allowed). Apply for transfer from H4 to f1 and then get it stamped:- ( Risk here is If f1 gets rejected then I will lose the non refundable fees for the first semister). Will my H4 be revoked if my F1 gets rejected ?

Also does getting F1 stamping from Canada have any disadvantages ?

1) Yes you can enter using F2. Nope no effect on future visas.
    2) If you do a change of status from H4 to F1, you do not need to get anything stamped. COS means you are already in the US, and hence you will not need any visa, as long as you do not leave. Once again rejection of a visa does not effect any other existing visas or future visas.

You could simply switch to H4 (via COS) along with your husband's H1, join your program, and then get a F1 visa stamped later on if and when you want to do so. While returning to the US you can enter using the stamped F1, and your status would then become F1. Alternately you can do a COS from H4 to F1, but whenever you leave the US you will have to go for stamping.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X