Invitation letter and trip expenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invitation letter and trip expenses

I have been working with XX tech India office for the last 6 Yrs and we have offices both in US and India. I need to travel to US on B1 next month. I received the invitation letter to from my US office stating about my activities during my trip. Also, they mentioned in the letter that US Office will be taking care of all my travel, Accommodation, Food expenses while US.

So my questions are

1. Can XX Tech US Office can take care of all my trip expenses? Can they mention in the Invitation letter about the expense part? Or, Under B1, only XX Tech India Office is allowed to pay the expenses?
    2. If above answer is yes, on DS -160 form, can I mention my US Company name for paying my trip expenses instead of India Office?
    3. Since I am a XX tech India office employee , can I put the relationship to me as an Employer for my XX Tech US office on DS 160?

I know these questions are silly, but don't want to take any chance for rejection on this basis. Any help will be much appreciated.

Originally posted by javedsaikia View Post
    I have been working with XX tech India office for the last 6 Yrs and we have offices both in US and India. I need to travel to US on B1 next month. I received the invitation letter to from my US office stating about my activities during my trip. Also, they mentioned in the letter that US Office will be taking care of all my travel, Accommodation, Food expenses while US.

So my questions are

1. Can XX Tech US Office can take care of all my trip expenses? Can they mention in the Invitation letter about the expense part? Or, Under B1, only XX Tech India Office is allowed to pay the expenses?
    2. If above answer is yes, on DS -160 form, can I mention my US Company name for paying my trip expenses instead of India Office?
    3. Since I am a XX tech India office employee , can I put the relationship to me as an Employer for my XX Tech US office on DS 160?

I know these questions are silly, but don't want to take any chance for rejection on this basis. Any help will be much appreciated.
    Just mention your entity will be paying for all expenses, which is the XX tech India office. You are an Indian entity employee and not under the US entity payroll. And all your expenses will be handled by your Indian entity's travel desk. With that being said, I am sure you are aware that US and Indian entities do have the same name but operate independently as a company.

Answers to your 3 Questions:

1) Your XX Tech India will be paying for all your expenses. You are not going for longer term, it may be for a week or two.
    2) The answer is NO, so put your Indian entity in DS-160. Keep consistency, your payslips too are from XX Tech India and not MM Tech US.
    3) Just put Employer as XX Tech. No need to complicate things by adding India or US. Don;t worry.

Comment

Invitation letter and trip expenses

Originally posted by Strategy_Consultant View Post
      Just mention your entity will be paying for all expenses, which is the XX tech India office. You are an Indian entity employee and not under the US entity payroll. And all your expenses will be handled by your Indian entity's travel desk. With that being said, I am sure you are aware that US and Indian entities do have the same name but operate independently as a company.

Answers to your 3 Questions:

1) Your XX Tech India will be paying for all your expenses. You are not going for longer term, it may be for a week or two.
      2) The answer is NO, so put your Indian entity in DS-160. Keep consistency, your payslips too are from XX Tech India and not MM Tech US.
      3) Just put Employer as XX Tech. No need to complicate things by adding India or US. Don;t worry.

Thanks for Answering my questions.

1) I received an US Invitation letter addressing to my India Office that I was Invited to attend a meetings in US for 4 week and my US Company will take care of all my expenses. I have given my US company name on the DS 160 Form to pay my travel expenses.
      2) My India Office is giving me a letter to US Consulate to issue B1 visa to me as I was Invited by my US Office and US office will pay my travel expenses.

Please let me know if this is fine. I have already taken appointment!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X