Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Term Schengen Visa for US Citizen

Hello,
    I have a bit of an interesting situation here. I am a US with a valid passport, and I am staying in Germany for 89 days as an intern without a visa (entered May 21, leaving August 17). The sticking point is, though, that I am hoping to return to Europe in September to present research at an academic conference in Italy (I am a university student). If I understand the Schengen rules correctly, I cannot return without a visa because I have used up my 90 days within 180 days. It seems that I could apply for a Visa C since my conference would be less than a week, and also a Visa D seems overboard for a 5 day stay.

To make matter more complicated, I cannot return to the US until mid-August, and I believe I would need to apply for a visa earlier than that. I really hope I can attend my this conference, but maybe I am just unlucky and will not be able to return to Europe. If it makes any difference, I had an Austrian Visa D (study abroad) until mid-May 2017.

I have not been able to find a definitive answer to this online, and the Italian consulate has not replied to my emails. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X