Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Valid - Change of employer name while on vacation to India

Hi,

I hold a fresh H1B visa valid until Sep 2018. Before coming to US, i have transferred my visa to a new employer with petition valid date to Jan 17, 2019.

When i reached US PoE (Dallas), Immigration officer asked me to have the new employer name on my Visa next time I go to India and return back.

I am planning for a vacation with family (kid with 2.5 yrs old) to India in a month and wondering if we are eligible for drop-box or had to go for stamping again? Thanks in advance..

Originally posted by RockFly View Post
    Hi,

I hold a fresh H1B visa valid until Sep 2018. Before coming to US, i have transferred my visa to a new employer with petition valid date to Jan 17, 2019.

When i reached US PoE (Dallas), Immigration officer asked me to have the new employer name on my Visa next time I go to India and return back.

I am planning for a vacation with family (kid with 2.5 yrs old) to India in a month and wondering if we are eligible for drop-box or had to go for stamping again? Thanks in advance..
    You would be eligible for drop box as your visa is still valid.The consulate may still choose to call you for an interview though.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You would be eligible for drop box as your visa is still valid.The consulate may still choose to call you for an interview though.

Thank you raghvi for your reply. I have this one doubt which I should have mentioned earlier.

What I have currently-

1. Valid H1B visa with employer A name on my passport with validity Sep 2018.
      2. Transferred my petition to employer B before traveling to US and got the validity up to Jan 2019. Currently working with employer B.
      3. Petition filed by employer A was revoked on Apr 2016.
      4. Now, planning for India vacation in the month of Aug/Sep 2017 and wondering do I need to go for stamping at all for myself, wife and kid?

Considering above information,

Do I have to go for new visa stamping at India? OR Can I come back to US on old visa stamping (which has employer A name on passport which is valid till Sep 2018) and show new H1B petition (which is from Employer B currently working with validity till Jan 2019?

Comment

Thank you raghvi for your reply. I have this one doubt which I should have mentioned earlier.

What I have currently-

1. Valid H1B visa with employer A name on my passport with validity Sep 2018.
        2. Transferred my petition to employer B before traveling to US and got the validity up to Jan 2019. Currently working with employer B.
        3. Petition filed by employer A was revoked on Apr 2016.
        4. Now, planning for India vacation in the month of Aug/Sep 2017 and wondering do I need to go for stamping at all for myself, wife and kid?

Considering above information,

Do I have to go for new visa stamping at India? OR Can I come back to US on old visa stamping (which has employer A name on passport which is valid till Sep 2018) and show new H1B petition (which is from Employer B currently working with validity till Jan 2019?
        Please reply when you get a chance on my question. Thanks..

Comment

Is it required to go for stamping at all at India?

Please reply when you get a chance on my question. Thanks..
          Sorry to bump this thread. Just looking for some answer so that i can have few things planned.

Comment

Sorry to bump this thread. Just looking for some answer so that i can have few things planned.
            Technically you need not go for stamping, but if you want to avoid similar line of questioning by the POE officer in future, as well as have a high chance of getting I-94 to match your latest petition, instead of the visa end date, then it is advisable to go for stamping with new employer's petition.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              Technically you need not go for stamping, but if you want to avoid similar line of questioning by the POE officer in future, as well as have a high chance of getting I-94 to match your latest petition, instead of the visa end date, then it is advisable to go for stamping with new employer's petition.

Thank you and appreciate raghvi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X