Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT** ADIT/1-551 Stamp Help/Clarification

Hello,
    Both my green card and passport are expired, however I need to provide proof of permanent residence for my pending home loan. I applied for the renewal and scheduled an appointment to receive the ADIT stamp, however after researching it states the stamp needs to go on a valid passport. Is there any other way to receive this stamp? Ie a letter explaining my need for the stamp and permanent residence that the USCIS can stamp as proof?

thank you,
    matt

You can get the I-551 stamp on a separate piece of paper instead of a passport. You will have to bring some passport photos of yourself for them to put onto the paper.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      You can get the I-551 stamp on a separate piece of paper instead of a passport. You will have to bring some passport photos of yourself for them to put onto the paper.

thank you for the reply! Do you know if I should type anything up then or will it just require any blank piece of paper? Just want to make sure I'm prepared with what is needed or if they will stamp it on some formal USCIS letter head.

Side note - I did also try to retrieve my i-94 to be stamped but since I entered before the records were automated I was not able to retrieve my copy on the site and filling out the i-102 for a replacement will take too long.

Comment

They asked me to bring two passport photographs. They filled out a I-94 card using information from their computers, placed one photograph on it, had me place an ink thumbprint. They embossed it with their office seal, then placed the I-551 stamp on it

It was many years ago, things might be different now, or different field offices might have different procedures. I have it right in front of me, I've kept it as a cherished souvenir

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X