Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Phoenix, AZ filers

Hello everyone!

I think this forum is really helpful, so I decided to share our experience and time line...

We applied for my husband's (Canadian citizen) adjustment of status in July 2016 (filed I130 and I485 together). Package received by USCIS, payment checks has cashed, we received NOA in July 2016 and POD shows 7/4/2016. Since then we havent received anything and online case status has not changed. Submitted case inquiry around mid March 2017, received email reply at the end of May stating "Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

Looks like processing time changes from office to office, and I guess USCIS processing time information is not realistic/correct. Is there any Phoenix, Arizona filer out there having similar problem?? Any suggestion/comment about our case?

I-130 and I-485 filed on 6/27/2016
    POD 7/04/2016
    Biometrics 08/01/2016

Thanks
    Last edited by az2016; 06-30-2017, 05:25 PM.

That's not what I want to hear!

Hi,

I filed for AOS at the beginning of May. I'm a Canadian citizen and my husband is the U.S. citizen. No changes to my online status since my biometrics appointment June 1st. I was really hoping to get my EAD by the end of the summer. Did your husband apply for work/travel authorization? If so, when did he receive his combo card?

Nice to see a fellow Phoenix/Canadian filer!

Comment

AP received, EOA in process

We didn't file Advance Parole or Employment Authorization with original application. But we needed Advance Parole for emergency travel in September and USCIS expedited my husband's application so we received in 3 weeks. Because there wasn't any uptade over 10 months we decided sent EOA document on 4-27-2017, no update on that file yet.

Comment

I765 update for PD 3/27/17

Originally posted by Lupigirl View Post
        Hi,

I filed for AOS at the beginning of May. I'm a Canadian citizen and my husband is the U.S. citizen. No changes to my online status since my biometrics appointment June 1st. I was really hoping to get my EAD by the end of the summer. Did your husband apply for work/travel authorization? If so, when did he receive his combo card?

Nice to see a fellow Phoenix/Canadian filer!

Just received a text message (first text message ever in a year) about status update.

We filed I-765 on 3/27/2017 and it has approved today 7/17/2017. Case status now shows "new card is being produce". Hopefully we will receive the card soon.

No update on I-130 or I-485 yet, priority date for those application was 7/04/2016.

Comment

Yay!

Originally posted by az2016 View Post
          Just received a text message (first text message ever in a year) about status update.

We filed I-765 on 3/27/2017 and it has approved today 7/17/2017. Case status now shows "new card is being produce". Hopefully we will receive the card soon.

No update on I-130 or I-485 yet, priority date for those application was 7/04/2016.
          That's great! At least he'll be able to work soon!

I just noticed you said in your previous post that you had filed for the EAD on 04/27/17. Was that a typo? Did you file in March or April?
          Last edited by Lupigirl; 07-17-2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Typo

That's great! At least he'll be able to work soon!

I just noticed you said in your previous post that you had filed for the EAD on 04/27/17. Was that a typo? Did you file in March or April?
            Sorry that was a typo, I tried to edit after I posted but didnt work. His I-765 received by USCIS on 3/27 and approved on 7/17.

I will update the original post when they schedule our interview for I-485...Good luck

Comment

Omg,Pheonix filer here, I am going to submit all paperworks next week. I was hoping to get my I13 approved before December since I need to leave US to visit my family! I may not have that expectation after reading this.
              PD: 08/30/2017

11/14/2017, I-765 status was changed to "New card is being produced".
              11/16/2017, I-765 status was changed to "Card was Mailed To Me".
              11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.
              11/20/2017, Combo card was delivered.
              09/06/2018, EAD renewal was received.
              09/17/2018, Fingerprint Review was completed.
              11/19/2018, Interview was scheduled.

Comment

Just got my combo card yesterday! I filed May 4th, so it took a little over 3 months.

Comment

happy times

Just got my combo card yesterday! I filed May 4th, so it took a little over 3 months.
                  am so happy for u... i file for mine 6/23/2017 hopefully i get september or october...

Comment

Still Waiting

Originally posted by Pepsimax View Post
                    Omg,Pheonix filer here, I am going to submit all paperworks next week. I was hoping to get my I13 approved before December since I need to leave US to visit my family! I may not have that expectation after reading this.
                    My husband's expedited I-131 approve in 2-3 weeks and his I-765 approved little over 3 months.

But we are still waiting for I-485, status has been showing "ready for interview" since July 20th, not received interview date yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations, my husband's card arrived little over 3 months but no news from I-485 yet, still waiting for interview date.

Comment

Interview scheduled!!!

Hello everyone!

I think this forum is really helpful, so I decided to share our experience and time line...

We applied for my husband's (Canadian citizen) adjustment of status in July 2016 (filed I130 and I485 together). Package received by USCIS, payment checks has cashed, we received NOA in July 2016 and POD shows 7/4/2016. Since then we havent received anything and online case status has not changed. Submitted case inquiry around mid March 2017, received email reply at the end of May stating "Due to workload factors not related to your case, USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case."

Looks like processing time changes from office to office, and I guess USCIS processing time information is not realistic/correct. Is there any Phoenix, Arizona filer out there having similar problem?? Any suggestion/comment about our case?

I-130 and I-485 filed on 6/27/2016
                      POD 7/04/2016
                      Biometrics 08/01/2016

Thanks
                      We have been waiting since June 2016, finally received an update this morning that our interview scheduled on 10/10/2017.

Comment

We have been waiting since June 2016, finally received an update this morning that our interview scheduled on 10/10/2017.
                        Congrats!!! Could you tell me how to expedite I131?

11/18/2017, Approval notices were received in mail for I-765 and 1-131. they would be valid for one year.

Comment

Hello fellow valley of the sun filers. Any movement on your cases? I filed as spouse of USC concurrently in April (PD 04/12/17).

Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04/17.

No movement on 1-130 or i-485. Still at case received and fingerprint fee received status online.

Comment

Originally posted by azblk View Post
                            Hello fellow valley of the sun filers. Any movement on your cases? I filed as spouse of USC concurrently in April (PD 04/12/17).

Received EAD/AP combo card on 08/04/17.

No movement on 1-130 or i-485. Still at case received and fingerprint fee received status online.
                            No....PD 08/30/2017

Comment

Phoenix filer

I am phoenix filer, already wait 9 moth. 485

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X