Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E2 Visa - What does constitute investment in order to be approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E2 Visa - What does constitute investment in order to be approved?

Hello,

I am looking to apply for the E2 Visa before the end of my OPT next year in May.

I know there are no minimum amount of money required to satisfy the E2 visa requirements and the amount to be invested as to be “substantial”. Meaning that the amount invested as to makes sense to the business.

It seems however that the chances to be approved are low if the amount invested is below $100,000.

My question is : do I actually need to spend the entire $100,000 in the business in order to be approved?

That amount of money is way more than enough to be substantial, I invested about $5000 at first and I believe the business will run on its own soon without any additional capital.

I am already in business with a lease under my name (entire garage used as home office/warehouse), business is registered, fictitious name, bank account, business license, sales taxes, EIN etc..

If someone could help to clarify that would be very useful.

Thank you so much for all your help

I imagine a business with a $5,000 investment would not constitute a significant investment for the purpose of an E-2 visa

Comment

The amount invested needs to be substantial: that indeed does not have a minimum amount attached to it but there needs to be capital at risk. $5000 is no risk. On top of that the business in question needs to provide employment for residents and not just for yourself. You should have at least 2 employees to qualify for a E2 and it doesn't sound like you have any

Comment

Anything below $50K is likely to be scrutinized. We have a fairly detailed E2 visa application guide that you can access that you may find helpful, you can download it here - https://yondaa.com/e1-e2-investor-visa-overview/

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X