Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to apply to immigrate to 2 different countries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to apply to immigrate to 2 different countries?

Is it possible to start the immigration paperwork for two different countries (the U.S. and New Zealand) at the same time? My non-U.S. citizen husband and I (U.S. citizen) are thinking of going to either, but haven't made the definite decision yet. Is that legal and possible?

Originally posted by MINDblue23 View Post
    Is it possible to start the immigration paperwork for two different countries (the U.S. and New Zealand) at the same time? My non-U.S. citizen husband and I (U.S. citizen) are thinking of going to either, but haven't made the definite decision yet. Is that legal and possible?
    No, You cannot immigrate to 2 different countries. You will just have to decide which you would prefer first.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by MINDblue23 View Post
      There are people who do this. It is the cost which is usually the hurdle. The applications run parallel and the one doesn't affect the other.

Once you get accepted in either application you can then only go to one of the countries, because of the landing and maintaining PR status, requirements.

Comment

Thank you both for your responses.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X