Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT: No interview dates available for F1 stamping in Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: No interview dates available for F1 stamping in Toronto?

Hi,

I'm an Indian national in US on H4 visa since 2 years. I have my I20 and was hoping to get an F1 stamped from Toronto Canada.

I've already paid the appointment fees but the website shows no available appointment dates for US Consulate in Toronto. I've already filled my DS160 stating Toronto as the location and have already made travel arrangements to travel to Canada.

Without the visa appointment my trip would be a waste. What options do I have?

Secondly, on the website to schedule appointment, there is a question - Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada?
    What should be the response for this? If I respond with 'No' I see several interview dates available, but I'm unsure if this would be correct information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sonia

Originally posted by sonia3187 View Post
    Hi,

I'm an Indian national in US on H4 visa since 2 years. I have my I20 and was hoping to get an F1 stamped from Toronto Canada.

I've already paid the appointment fees but the website shows no available appointment dates for US Consulate in Toronto. I've already filled my DS160 stating Toronto as the location and have already made travel arrangements to travel to Canada.

Without the visa appointment my trip would be a waste. What options do I have?

Secondly, on the website to schedule appointment, there is a question - Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada?
    What should be the response for this? If I respond with 'No' I see several interview dates available, but I'm unsure if this would be correct information?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sonia
    You made it wrong. I don`t see any way to fix it. You should only start the DS-160. Move to the appointment. Check where in Canada you have dates. After scheduling it, you go back to the DS-160 and complete it. In this way you don`t waste your money. Not sure if you can solve it now or if you have to make a new DS-160 and pay again.

Yes, you are coming from another country...this question is to prevent people from other countries to get interview dates in Canada. During summer, there are no dates for 3rd country nationals. Winter you will see more openings. Canada/US limits the number of people or its citizens will never get an appointment because people will flood Canada to go to US consulate. Maybe next time you can try Mexico instead or wait for winter.

What it is done, is done. Share your experience here, how you solve it, and help other people to do it right in the future.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X