F2 to F1 Visa --- Canada or India????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 to F1 Visa --- Canada or India????

My wife came to US in Feb,17 on F2 Visa. She got a admission into Masters' University *for Fall Sem which starts in August. Now, She is looking to change her status to F1. Applying for F1 through COS from USA inside is taking about 6-9 months now. Hence, She is looking to go*for stamping. As she has Canada visitor visa, She is opting Canada for stamping.

Will it be possible to get stamped from Canada for F1 Visa??
    If so, which consulate in Canada would be the best choice to get stamped without any trouble???
    If she is rejected for F1 visa at Canada, can she come back to US on F2 Visa??
    Will she be able to apply for COS here again to change to F1??

Originally posted by Vinanand View Post
    My wife came to US in Feb,17 on F2 Visa. She got a admission into Masters' University *for Fall Sem which starts in August. Now, She is looking to change her status to F1. Applying for F1 through COS from USA inside is taking about 6-9 months now. Hence, She is looking to go*for stamping. As she has Canada visitor visa, She is opting Canada for stamping.

If so, which consulate in Canada would be the best choice to get stamped without any trouble???
    hey Vinanand,
    were you able to complete the process from Canada? I am in the same situation and looking for some guidance regarding the same? Kindly let me know!

thanks,
    Sudhanshu

Comment

Hi,

Am currently on F2 visa and i got admission to a Univ, So now i need to change it to F1. So the only 2 options are apply for COS which takes 3 months or go Canada for stamping (F1).

If opted to go to Canada for stamping and if worked out well fine no issue. What if it got rejected can i still go back to US on F2 ?

Please do share your experience and suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by Vinanand View Post

Hi Vianand,

I am planning to visit Canada for my F1 stamping. Can you please share your wife interview experience and which consulate did she visit?

Thanks in Advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X