Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can L2 Visa Holder apply for EAD renewal even if principal's Petition is expiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can L2 Visa Holder apply for EAD renewal even if principal's Petition is expiring?

Hi,

Here's our situation:

Principal (that's me) L1 B Visa valid until: Oct, 2020.
    Principal L1B Petition valid until: Oct, 2017.
    Principal Latest I94 valid until: Jan 2020.

Wife L2 Visa valid until: Oct, 2020.
    Wife's EAD valid until: Oct, 2017.
    Wife's I94 valid until: Jan, 2020

I have initiation renewal processing of Visa/Petition & planning to go for stamping in September 2017 but given the fact that EAD needs to be renewed at least 3 months before expiry; can my wife renew her EAD based on latest I94 & Visa (i.e. both valid until 2020) even though Principal's Petition is expiring on Oct, 2017?

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nandish.

Originally posted by NMEHTA0505 View Post
    Hi,

Here's our situation:

Principal (that's me) L1 B Visa valid until: Oct, 2020.
    Principal L1B Petition valid until: Oct, 2017.
    Principal Latest I94 valid until: Jan 2020.

Wife L2 Visa valid until: Oct, 2020.
    Wife's EAD valid until: Oct, 2017.
    Wife's I94 valid until: Jan, 2020

I have initiation renewal processing of Visa/Petition & planning to go for stamping in September 2017 but given the fact that EAD needs to be renewed at least 3 months before expiry; can my wife renew her EAD based on latest I94 & Visa (i.e. both valid until 2020) even though Principal's Petition is expiring on Oct, 2017?

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nandish.
    Why not apply for L1 petition extension in premium so that you get the response by July End, that way it will get your spouse the requisite 90-120 days for EAD approval before Oct 2017?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Can L2 Visa Holder apply for EAD renewal even if principal's Petition is expiring?

Raghvi, thanks for the reply and It could be a valid possibility.

However, the issue is the EAD renewal lead time is at least 90 days (3 months) and if applied within these 90 days, they do not consider it/accept renewals!

Thanks,
      Nandish.

Comment

L-2 EAD extension application sent along with L-1A/L-2 Extension

HI Raghvi,

I am currently on L-1A and my company is planning to file for extension (along with my spouse's L2 petition) in premium processing. I was told by my company legal advisors that L-2 EAD can also be simultaneously filed along with the L-1A/L2 extension. Do you know if its been a common practice (as I was under the impression that you have to wait for L-1A/L-2 extension to be approved and then only a L-2 EAD extension application can be sent to USCIS).

Your input is deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X