Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone waiting on Oath Ceremony with Name Change (Fairfax Field Office)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone waiting on Oath Ceremony with Name Change (Fairfax Field Office)

I had my citizenship (with a name change request on the form) interview in Mid May'17 in Fairfax field office (D.C. area) and got the approval letter. FO said that I should have my oath ceremony within 4 weeks. My online status still shows 'Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled' since the second week of June'17 and no updates after that. Not sure how much longer the wait will be. Is anyone else who has a name change request can let me know how long they have to wait for Oath Ceremony (most likely in Alexandria court) after attending the Citizenship interview at Fairfax field office. Thanks.

oath of ceremony

I am in the same situation, however i reside in windy city area. My interview was early May after waiting for about 2 years, I had a name change too, and no reply since then. I called and they anticipated 120 days after the interview date(keeping my fingers crossed), let us know if you have any status change;and i will as well,stay positive!

Comment

so I finally got a notice for oat of ceremony, sometime in august 2017, so grateful that this face of my life is almost over, I will keep you informed.
      lesson learnt.
      if you have a green card and you are interested in becoming a US citizen, the earlier you file, the better, once you are over 5 years.
      Try to avoid arrest, even traffic ticket can delay you for years depending on your location, which may be nearly impossible if you drive for a living, young, and naïve of the culture you find yourself.
      And finally do not panic, if you have any of the above problem, that is why we have lawyers; they may help you with filling out the application, and making sure you don't make mistake, or you don't forget your court dispositions. and stay positive no matter what! you will eventually get through like I did.

Comment

I had my oath ceremony done last week. It took exactly 3 months from interview to oath date.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X