• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience letter dates issue

Hi,

I have a question regarding a issue my spouse is facing in her GC process:

My wife employment history is as follows:
    1st June 2008 to 12 Oct 2012 (Worked with Org 'A' in India)
    13th Oct 2012 to 22nd May 2014 (Worked with Org 'A' in US, on H1B visa)
    On 23rd May 2014 she was transfered (back) to Org 'A' India (as her current project assignment completed). As I was also here in US (on H1) hence she changed her status to H4 (to stay here) and applied for LOA (in Org 'A' India).
    She had been on leave after that i.e. from 23rd May 2014 till 07 Oct 2015 (when she resigned and she was releived from her job).

In Sept 2015, she got a new employment oppurtunity with Org 'B' in US. So she got her H1B transfered and joined Org B (effective Sep 22, 2015).

Now Org 'B' started her GC process and is asking for prior experience letters, which is ideally from 1st June 2008 to 22nd May 2014 (as she moved to h4 from 23rd May 2014).
    When we approached Org 'A' (in India) for experience letter they have provided the experience letter from 1st June 2008 till 7 Oct 2015, which includes the duration when she was on LOA (and H4 status here).
    As per my understanding this experience letter is not acceptable as this depicts that she had been working with Org A even when she was on H4 status which is incorrect.

We asked her Emp 'A' multiple time to update the dates (to exclude her LOA period) but they are not doing it.

So what can be a workaround /solution to this situation ? Need your expert advise.

Thanks.

Any one ? Any guidance ?

Originally posted by akhil_agarwal1 View Post
    Hi,

I have a question regarding a issue my spouse is facing in her GC process:

My wife employment history is as follows:
    1st June 2008 to 12 Oct 2012 (Worked with Org 'A' in India)
    13th Oct 2012 to 22nd May 2014 (Worked with Org 'A' in US, on H1B visa)
    On 23rd May 2014 she was transfered (back) to Org 'A' India (as her current project assignment completed). As I was also here in US (on H1) hence she changed her status to H4 (to stay here) and applied for LOA (in Org 'A' India).
    She had been on leave after that i.e. from 23rd May 2014 till 07 Oct 2015 (when she resigned and she was releived from her job).

In Sept 2015, she got a new employment oppurtunity with Org 'B' in US. So she got her H1B transfered and joined Org B (effective Sep 22, 2015).

Now Org 'B' started her GC process and is asking for prior experience letters, which is ideally from 1st June 2008 to 22nd May 2014 (as she moved to h4 from 23rd May 2014).
    When we approached Org 'A' (in India) for experience letter they have provided the experience letter from 1st June 2008 till 7 Oct 2015, which includes the duration when she was on LOA (and H4 status here).
    As per my understanding this experience letter is not acceptable as this depicts that she had been working with Org A even when she was on H4 status which is incorrect.

We asked her Emp 'A' multiple time to update the dates (to exclude her LOA period) but they are not doing it.

So what can be a workaround /solution to this situation ? Need your expert advise.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Any thoughts ? Anyone ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X