Get INFO PASS appointment if you see delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get INFO PASS appointment if you see delays

I would like to share my experience. I applied through Boston on 15July 2016, and until April 2017 no news on interview. I then scheduled info pass appointment. The office asked my receipt number and when I started saying IOE... she immediately said "Most IOE numbers have problem. Unless applicant asks these files don't move as this is some new software system which has several problems".

I don't know what that officer did but after this appointment I got interview letter in 4 weeks.

On 27 June, I did my interview but got "decision cannot be made status" for three weeks. Last week I scheduled INFO PASS and officer pulled my paper file in front of me. I was under impression info pass is just for informational purpose but I came to know that those officers have right to approve or reject the application if it's pending in their office.

Officer tells me that your file is pending due to your trips date verification. she sail she will look into my file tonight.

I was very excited but one week pass by and no news. Yesterday I scheduled another info pass. Another officer saw my status and she said your file is pending with another office you saw last week and I will send you to her.

I went to another window. Now it's the same lady office I saw last week. She said almost done reviewing my application and said it's good your game in today as it gives them opportunity to spend time on your file.

I got the result after waiting an hour that I passed and oath scheduled on 20th. That lady officer was just so nice to me. God bless her.

So my advice to all you out there whose app it stuck for long time due to whatever reason, go see the officer and talk to them.

Info pass appointment

Originally posted by creative74 View Post
    I would like to share my experience. I applied through Boston on 15July 2016, and until April 2017 no news on interview. I then scheduled info pass appointment. The office asked my receipt number and when I started saying IOE... she immediately said "Most IOE numbers have problem. Unless applicant asks these files don't move as this is some new software system which has several problems".

I don't know what that officer did but after this appointment I got interview letter in 4 weeks.

On 27 June, I did my interview but got "decision cannot be made status" for three weeks. Last week I scheduled INFO PASS and officer pulled my paper file in front of me. I was under impression info pass is just for informational purpose but I came to know that those officers have right to approve or reject the application if it's pending in their office.

Officer tells me that your file is pending due to your trips date verification. she sail she will look into my file tonight.

I was very excited but one week pass by and no news. Yesterday I scheduled another info pass. Another officer saw my status and she said your file is pending with another office you saw last week and I will send you to her.

I went to another window. Now it's the same lady office I saw last week. She said almost done reviewing my application and said it's good your game in today as it gives them opportunity to spend time on your file.

I got the result after waiting an hour that I passed and oath scheduled on 20th. That lady officer was just so nice to me. God bless her.

So my advice to all you out there whose app it stuck for long time due to whatever reason, go see the officer and talk to them.
    Your experience is very useful to me.

I was interviewed on Nov 3, 16. I passed the test but the officer wanted to examine my case due to frequent travel abroad. So I was issued a Notice of continuance on Nov 20, 16 to prove that I did not abandon my residence though I was out frequently.

I replied on Nov 25, 2016 stating all evidences to prove my residence but I did not receive any reply till date.

In between, I took InfoPass appointment on 14 June 2017 and met an officer and explained my case. She was also very co-operative and examined my case and informed that my case is under process and I would be able to get reply around a month's time.

However, a month is already passed and nothing happened. My office is at Baltimore.

Please suggest whether I take another appointment because it has already been delayed more than a month.

Comment

I suggest you go every week. Since your interview is done so long back, we must get a result. In my case I had similar situation. I had 21 trips out of US. My total days outside US was 858. The officer wanted to verify all the dates so they put my application for review. He told they have some excel file where they put your travel dates to determine total days out. Since my time out is so close to allowed 913 days of time, he wanted to be very sure.

However since it requires manual work, my care was pending until 20 days after interview.

I went for second info pass in a weeks time as I had to travel out of US again for business. Officer told me to wait while he asks someone to verify my file. I waited 3 hours and finally she made the decision and even gave me oath date immediately based on my preference. God bless that officer.
      Last edited by creative74; 07-22-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

oath schedule is getting delay, what i have to do?

i attended june 14 th interview , so far oath schedule not happen, is it customer serivce call is good or infopass is good pl et me know.
        Last edited by srini5151; 07-26-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Oath cermony getting late --infopass is good or customer serviice is good to apprach.

my interview for citizenship was done on june 14th 2017 , still getting late oath cermony pl let me know which way is good to apprach C/S.

Comment

Thank you for your advise. I'm in the same situation with receipt starting IOE... I had my interview on 03/03/17 with no decision makes. I went on july 14th,2017 to my field office using an InfoPass and I got an update on my application saying :we are still reviewing your case.
            I'm planning an other InfoPass until I get to the ceremony.

Comment

Originally posted by srini5151 View Post
              my interview for citizenship was done on june 14th 2017 , still getting late oath cermony pl let me know which way is good to apprach C/S.
              Get infopass to the same office where you got interviewed. They can pull your physical printed file during your infopass.. depends on the officier though.

Comment

I am IOE Atlanta. 120 days passed and again USCIS rescheduled my interview

Originally posted by djambar74 View Post
                Thank you for your advise. I'm in the same situation with receipt starting IOE... I had my interview on 03/03/17 with no decision makes. I went on july 14th,2017 to my field office using an InfoPass and I got an update on my application saying :we are still reviewing your case.
                I'm planning an other InfoPass until I get to the ceremony.

Hi,
                I completed my interview end of March 2017, with an IOE case number. I passed the interview and test and handed over a paper says" decision can not be made yet today "
                I went back for Infopass after 120 days passed ( end July ) and I was informed the officer rescheduled my interview because system messed up.
                Anyone with the same issue ?

Comment

This information is so helpful! Thank you for sharing. Well, I am still under my 90 days since USCIS received my case. (May 10th 2017) i got my biometrics done on June 6th 2017 and since then I'm still stuck on my case was received. I am on 84th day, I have submitted request of expedition of my I - 131 on 76th day (July 27th) - and got response after 2 days that my case looks serious but I have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need. I applied for adjustments of status under C9 code. I am leaving on my honeymoon on Sept 9th and I am freaking out I won't get my documents. I know people are waiting longer than that and some of them are more lucky. Since I am very precocious I scheduled my info pass appt on August 9th with Baltimore since my closest one office has no available appointment at all (I tried few times a day and it's literally nothing - it's ridiculous) so my appointment is on my 91st day. I am hoping to get some answers like you did!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaFalcons View Post
                    Hi,
                    I completed my interview end of March 2017, with an IOE case number. I passed the interview and test and handed over a paper says" decision can not be made yet today "
                    I went back for Infopass after 120 days passed ( end July ) and I was informed the officer rescheduled my interview because system messed up.
                    Anyone with the same issue ?
                    Hi,
                    It look like the system got messed up. I got rescheduled for an interview on 03/03/2017 and after they canceled. I also changed my address before the interview but they still me the wrong interview letter on my old address.
                    Did you get to the ceremony yet?

Comment

So finally my Oath was scheduled on Aug 30.

As per your suggestion, I scheduled another infoPass on August 03 and discussed the delay with the officer. This time, the officer was practical and understanding and investigated nicely. He then called the officer who interviewed me so I had the opportunity to discuss the delay.

I think she might have been convinced and suddenly my case status changed on August 15 and Oath ceremony scheduled for Aug 30. I attended the same and applied on passport on the same day.

I am really thankful to you for your valuable feedback on the matter of delay.

Comment

It's great to hear about your positive experience with scheduling an INFO PASS appointment. It seems like meeting with the officers and discussing your application helped move the process forward. Remember, each case may have unique circumstances, but reaching out and engaging with the officers can sometimes make a difference.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X