Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can applying for work visa in a foreign country affect a K1 fiance visa application ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can applying for work visa in a foreign country affect a K1 fiance visa application ?

Thanks for all , I just stumbled upon this site and there's so much great help here !

Forgive my ignorance , but here goes :

I would like to go forward with applying for a K1 visa for my colombian girlfriend.

However , knowing the process can take 7+ months , she would like to pursue a work visa in her country. The employer is Disney , and the job would be working on a Disney cruise ship for 4-5 months , which would be fine as she would be finished about the time the visa is approved (hopefully).

Some questions :

-- would this cause a problem with the K1 visa application ie will there be a flag that there is more than 1 "active" application ? Since Disney is a based in USA then we are concerned this may cause some sort of conflict.

-- if she were to get the Disney job , would this be a problem as she would be on a cruise ship and obviously not able to complete anything ie paperwork , going to embassy , etc ?

-- I'm sure I'm missing things as I am very much uninformed about how the whole process works -- I am open to any suggestions !!

thanks alot !!!

- Eddy

It sounds to me as if there may be a conflict and here is why: The cruise ship will dock in the US and she can be seen at risk to enter the US this way and then apply for AOS (if you are a US Citizen).

This is just my impression, others are more knowledgeable to give definite answers re the K1 and crewman visas.
    Not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the input Nettie , that's not even something we considered , however it's quite possible the cruise ship will not dock in the USA , so that may not be a concern.

Comment

C/D visa holders are not eligible for adjustment of status. Applicants don't have to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent in the same way tourists and students have to.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X