Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel in Sept 2017 on B1 visa expiring in Dec. 2017

Hello - I have 2 questions about traveling on B1 visa:
    a. My B1 visa which was issued in Dec 2007 is valid till Dec 2017. Can I travel on that B1 visa for 2 weeks to USA in Sept. 2017?
    b. I am working as a consultant from India with a startup company in US, and I receive paychecks from that company to my India account monthly. I read that if you are traveling on B1 visa you should not be receiving paychecks from US. Is that true?

Thanks,
    Arati

a. Yes.
    b. That is not a problem. However, don't do the same work while in the US. Make sure whatever you do is consistent with your B1 visa based entry.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Invitation letter

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      a. Yes.
      b. That is not a problem. However, don't do the same work while in the US. Make sure whatever you do is consistent with your B1 visa based entry.
      Thanks for the reply. For point 2 - I would be getting an invitation letter from that startup company I have been working with, as I am traveling to US to meet my team there. But as long as the invitation letter clearly states that this trip is only for "discussions" / "design meetings" etc - should it be fine?
      I am a little confused. Because whenever I have traveled on B1 before it was that I was getting paid by an India firm and was visiting US to client locations.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
        a. Yes.
        Thanks for your reply. 2 more questions:
        1. I am an independent contractor of this company and I raise an invoice to this company and get paid for that invoice. I am not on their payroll as such. Not sure if that matters, but just wanted to be clear if it does make a difference. Thanks again for your reply.
        2. Should the invitation letter mention that I am going there for only meetings / design discussions / meeting my team?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X